Small 2 bladed switchblade automatic?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
wilsonpd64

Small 2 bladed switchblade automatic?

Post by wilsonpd64 »

About 35 years ago, I saw a two bladed Case knife, length about 3 1/2 inches, red bone handles, with two small opposing blades. It had a small button on each end that flipped the blades open, and a sliding lock in the middle. It was very old and had a lot of wear, but still worked flawlessly. I tried to trade for it, but no luck.

I wondered if someone could tell me the model, age, etc., and where I might find another.

Thanks!
IMBand

Re: Small 2 bladed switchblade automatic?

Post by IMBand »

Here is a photo of a the knife you are probably talking about.
There is a bone version listed....62210.
There has been discussion recently on wether Tested era knives had RedBone, is it
possible that the knife you are talking about had Mottled Composite handles?, I think
they can have a Reddish look. Hopefully Steve will be here to comment on the
handle material. This is the only Double-Switchblade that I see in my books.

IM
:)
Attachments
104_0550.JPG
AAPK #6581
wilsonpd64

Post by wilsonpd64 »

I think you are correct sir! (It's been 35 years and I've only seen one.) Thanks for the reply. From the value in that book, looks like a couple of things are evident:

1) I didn't try hard enough to trade that guy out of that knife. ::dang::

2) I'm not going to be buying one any time soon. ::uc::

::smirk::
IMBand

Post by IMBand »

My advice to you is to keep your eye out for one with OK blades in poor repair.
Once you have it, send it to Muskrat Man Knives for resto. You should be able
to save some big money if you can find one that needs work.

IM
AAPK #6581
wilsonpd64

Post by wilsonpd64 »

I would also imagine that these things are as rare as hen's teeth. It really is an elegant little design. Very cool- I wish someone still made something like this. I had an old timer tell me once that a small knife like this is actually preferable for self defense, since it can't easily be taken out of your hand. The one I saw was honed to a razor's edge, and used to castrate livestock.
wilsonpd64

Post by wilsonpd64 »

IMBand wrote:My advice to you is to keep your eye out for one with OK blades in poor repair.
Once you have it, send it to Muskrat Man Knives for resto. You should be able
to save some big money if you can find one that needs work.

IM
Good idea! I'll keep my eyes peeled for a "fixer".
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

You can find this style of knife in a Schrade Walden for about 1/3 - 1/4 the price of a Case and it will be of equal quality .

Bob
wilsonpd64

Post by wilsonpd64 »

robinetn wrote:You can find this style of knife in a Schrade Walden for about 1/3 - 1/4 the price of a Case and it will be of equal quality .

Bob
Great to know Bob! I appreciate it. I'll keep an eye out. BTW, I notice that you're a fellow Tennesean- I'm in the Nashville area myself.
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

wilsonpd64 wrote:
robinetn wrote:You can find this style of knife in a Schrade Walden for about 1/3 - 1/4 the price of a Case and it will be of equal quality .

Bob
Great to know Bob! I appreciate it. I'll keep an eye out. BTW, I notice that you're a fellow Tennesean- I'm in the Nashville area myself.
Thats only 300 +/- miles away from Bristol (home of the world's fastest 1/2 mile racetrack . I have a sister in Murfreesboro .
Bandit5150

Post by Bandit5150 »

Wow I just picked this up Saturday I couldn’t fun gamy info so I listed it on eBay but they kicked it off for being a switchblade.
6E58869B-D5E2-43FD-8FE9-7E482FDBA58C.jpeg
3CE7E9B9-8762-42F0-A6F4-94B2D00635D8.jpeg
65AD91B2-57E5-4D1B-AFFF-1C4753EF4302.jpeg
878D2748-4F09-47CA-9671-7F128A099011.jpeg
Colagirl

Post by Colagirl »

This knife is available on auction today until 6 pm central time!! Girard auction— cammo and ammo! Excellent condition. Several other knives as well!! The case 62210 switchblade!!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”