Superb Pearl Whittler

For Collectors & Users of Henckels Brand Knives
kootenay joe

Superb Pearl Whittler

Post by kootenay joe »

I just received this 3 5/8" Equal End whittler, pearl, absolutely mint & Henckels made.
It's a pretty knife in pictures but in hand something 'more' comes through. This one of the very finest knives i have ever handled.
From ebay, seller is one of the most experienced knife collector/dealers in USA but is i believe prone to exaggerating age. He dates this knife as pre 1890, most likely circa 1880.
Some collectors say they can see differences in the Henckels Twins logo depending on age of knife. I cannot see the difference, the twins logos all look the same to me.
Please post if you have any input as to age.
thanks, kj
Attachments
Picture 013.jpg
Picture 014.jpg
Picture 015.jpg
Picture 016.jpg
Picture 017.jpg
Picture 018.jpg
KleenCut61

Re: Superb Pearl Whittler

Post by KleenCut61 »

With Pearl like That, Age it anyway you see fit Joe :D They Do Look Post 1900 -20 To Me Though The earlier Stamped Twins Were rather exaggerated not so well pronounced as These .IMHO __ ::handshake:: KC [ More Like The Pen Blade Stamp } Very Early Knife , Just Beautiful ::tu::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

The differences in the twins can be subtle, but they are there. You may have seen this already search.php?keywords=Henckels&t=39799&sf=msgonly

I'm thinking yours looks like the 1900 version. Not clear as to how long it was used. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
outkast

Post by outkast »

Very nice and yes Henckels tang stamps are hard to decipher. This is the oldest in my collection, found on an old horn handled straight razor and closest resembles the 1875 stamp.
Henckels #12 7.jpg
Henckels #12 6.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Your razor looks to be in excellent condition.
I just sold the above whittler. I should have read this thread first. I sold it way under value, but it's not the first time.
kj

Return to “Henckels”