Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Stag Trail of tears

Post by doglegg »

Very knice. ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Neat knife and a new one to me. Made after 1960 so made for Henckels not by Henckels. Likely made by Boker.
kj
Mason

Post by Mason »

Very interesting knife and one I had not seen before. It is definitely a contract knife but probably not made by Boker since it is not a Boker pattern that I have ever seen before. Henckels didn't start contracting out for folders such as this one until 1975, and I would bet this teardrop model was made sometime between 1975 to 1985.
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Love it ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Me too!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Me three! 8)
8)
Mason

Post by Mason »

I would like to re-address and correct my previous statement about this "Trail of Tears" knife.
I didn't look close enough at the blade tang stamp which reads "Friodur" and I now believe Henckels made this knife.
While it has been said many times over that Henckels stopped manufacturing their own pocket knives by 1960, that is not a correct statement. Henckels was represented in the United States by Iwerson & Albrecht from 1948 to around 1960 when Henckels parted ways with Iwerson & Albrecht and continued selling knives with sole representation. Henckels pocket knife sales had dwindled to a small selection and few knives were sold from around 1960 onward. But, Henckels continued to manufacture a limited number of pocket knives right up until 1975 when they started contracting out to Boker primarily. Henckels did offer some unique pocket knives during the early 1970s, and I believe this tear drop model was one such offering. Catalog information for Henckels pocket knives is very elusive from the mid 1960s through the mid-1970s, so I have no existing proof for this model. But based on the handle shield and the "Friodur" tang stamp, I'm fairly certain that this model was made by Henckels in the early 1970s.

Return to “Henckels”