Thomas Turner & Co.

For Collectors & Users of Henckels Brand Knives
AshleyFrancisHammar

Thomas Turner & Co.

Post by AshleyFrancisHammar »

New here. Hope someone can help. Came into possession of a fishermans pocket knife of some vintage. The knife is stamped Thomas Turner & Co., ENCORE, with apparently 3 diamonds etched in. It also has Rg No. 361616 .
Sheffield is stamped on the base of one blade. It’s a two blade knife with an attached folding awl. The awl is squared. The most unique thing is the grips are formed of solid aluminum and stamped with what I believe is a former owner “OLAUS SKOLAUS”, unless this is a phrase or motto. I would share pictures but I haven’t deciphered the mystery of doing that on this site yet. Does anyone have any info about the age and value of this knife?
527E7F3C-3D9C-43DA-87EB-1AC210518E5A.jpeg
23339F7E-7150-4783-B7DB-8B6C72731C5C.jpeg
BEF5E5D4-3666-4726-8876-AA88F2CF1AD1.jpeg
kootenay joe

Re: Thomas Turner & Co.

Post by kootenay joe »

My guess is made in early 1900's. It likely was an expensive knife as back then aluminum was a very expensive metal. Neat old knife.
kj
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::welcome:: to AAPK, Ashley! ::handshake:: Personally I've never seen a knife like yours before, but if it's stamped "Sheffield" it has some quality! Keep checking back to this post cuz eventually someone who knows Sheffield knives will view it and possibly supply you some information! ::nod:: Nice group on the table there too! 8)
8)
AshleyFrancisHammar

Post by AshleyFrancisHammar »

Have collected working pocket knives for over 50 years. I like knives that have been used, show wear. Got no use for pretty scales and cheap blades. Generally I’ve got Case, Schrade, Marbles, Camillius, Buck, and Kabar. I bought this one because it looked like a good working knife and the aluminum was so unusual. I know Thomas Turner was a good quality cutlery company and I guessed this one was perhaps specially made. I can date it to around 1900 but I’d like to get closer and some idea of value will be nice.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I think it has been re-handled with the aluminum.

Return to “Henckels”