New Info To Me

This forum is for member store related discussion. You can ask questions, report bugs, make suggestions, view tips, tricks & instructions & more.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

New Info To Me

Post by Paladin »

This has never happened to me previously but today I put a new listing in my store and I learned 2 new things.
First, the listing was for $1,000.00 and I entered it just that way on the listing 'form'. Unnoticed by me, the listing came out for the amount of $1.00,, rather than the $1,000 as I intended. My knives quickly sold for that amount to one of our members and I could almost hear him laughing in the background as I began my scramble to get it all straightened out. I took the listing down and began an edit process which I could not accomplish. It continued to come out at $1.00 rather than the $1,000.
In a panic, I completely re-entered the listing. Same result. It finally dawned on me that the computer wanted no comma in there and as soon as I tried that it came out correctly. :D So if you didn't already know this I hope it might be of some help.

Second thing I learned today is when I was doing my listing I found it necessary to make a new category so I did so by checking some box and added the category but it would not show on my list. I thought, no problem, I'll hit the refresh button.
Well, when I did that everything I had entered disappeared. :(

Again, maybe I am behind the learning curve but here it is and if it is some help to you, great!

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
#goldpan

Re: New Info To Me

Post by #goldpan »

Sounds like a frustrating lesson Ray. I know that some computer codes don't like commas involved with money figures, they do seem to favor periods though. I can relate to the second lesson very well. I would make a listing for a knife that needs a new category. I would add it at the bottom of the form and hit the mouse button and lose all of my data. ::td:: I even reentered everything and reload the pictures and it happened again! ::doh:: The lesson I learned? Make the new category first, then do the listing. It helps me to keep what little sanity that left. ::nod::
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Wow!
$1 for THREE Springers!
What a deal!
LOL , Ray, it looks like you got it straightened out. :mrgreen:
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I just fixed the comma problem. Should no longer give issues from 8-23-17 at 9:55AM CST forward ::tu::

I'm certain something can be done about the problem discovered when adding categories on the fly, but it may take me a bit longer to get to that.

Will try to sooner than later.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Bryan wrote:I just fixed the comma problem. Should no longer give issues from 8-23-17 at 9:55AM CST forward ::tu::

I'm certain something can be done about the problem discovered when adding categories on the fly, but it may take me a bit longer to get to that.

Will try to sooner than later.
Thanks, Bryan. I appreciate the fix and I'm sure I can speak for others by saying that we appreciate what you do. :D

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae

Return to “AAPK Member Store Forums”