We have a problem

This forum is for member store related discussion. You can ask questions, report bugs, make suggestions, view tips, tricks & instructions & more.
just bob

We have a problem

Post by just bob »

In the last month I have sold 3 knives. The only problem is the knives were already sold months ago. Apparently buyers aren't picking up on the fact the knife has been sold is no longer available. Pretty easy to go in and refund the pay pal payment but more of a hassle when you're sent a check. This is something you might look at and improve when time permits. Happy New Year!
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: We have a problem

Post by Bryan »

Hi Bob,

The store software is set up to automatically remove items from stock when a purchase is made & it will not allow a purchase if inventory is at zero. That functionality seems to be working correctly under normal conditions.

Given that, the only things I can think of that might be causing this is if inventory numbers were initially set wrong for some reason or if the sales data are not being passed on to AAPK from the payment processor. ie... if communications between your PayPal account & AAPK is disrupted for some reason. I have seen this happen if custom configuration settings are made on standard PayPal accounts.

If you haven't made any changes to your PayPal settings, I would suggest checking to make sure your inventory numbers are correct at this time & that they get decremented next sale you make. If they are not getting decremented, I will need to know in hopes that I can gain more clues.

I'll be sure to monitor things as well & will try to catch anything I might be missing..
Bryan
muskrat man
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: We have a problem

Post by muskrat man »

I have had it happen before when customers fail to fully complete the checkout process, they get to the final window but don't bother to click the confirmation button at the bottom of the screen., I never get a sale notification and the item is not removed from inventory, the funds just show up.
Custom knives, repair, restoration & embellishment
Certified Hubertus, Taylor, & Schrade repairman past and present
http://www.muskratmanknives.com
https://www.facebook.com/Muskratmanknives

Return to “AAPK Member Store Forums”