Is there a way to warn other store owners about a "problem" customer?

This forum is for member store related discussion. You can ask questions, report bugs, make suggestions, view tips, tricks & instructions & more.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Is there a way to warn other store owners about a "problem" customer?

Post by knifeaholic »

I had a recent run-in with a very bad customer (a lunatic in my opinion). I don't want to post his info publicly but I don't want anyone else to have a problem dealing with this clown.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Is there a way to warn other store owners about a "problem" customer?

Post by Bryan »

Hi Steve,

Unless you've run across two "once in a blue moon characters" here recently, I believe I know exactly who you're referring to & I've been keeping my eyes out for activity from him here on AAPK...

He sent in a complaint via email with his account of a certain situation. I could not believe what I was reading. I tried to tell him as tactfully as I could that he was being completely irrational & that he should return your property. I fear it fell on deaf ears.

Easily one of the most outlandish situations I've seen here in all the years the stores have been open for business ::doh::

I'll try to get more concrete block mechanisms in place next upgrade cycle & maybe an alert system of some kind. In the mean time, alerting me to rotten apples may be the most efficient way to protect sellers against them site-wide...

If there is something further I can do to help you with this specific situation, please let me know.

Best,
Bryan
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Bryan; thanks so much, and sorry you had to be drawn into this.

I wanted to treat this VERY carefully and I would never post a name or email address publicly.

Actually, I was not sure whether these Member Store Forums were open to the general membership for viewing or whether it was for store owners only.

But anyway the last thing I would want is to do anything that would reflect negatively on AAPK.

For me, it is "water under the bridge" at this point, just hoping that others won't have to deal with this situation.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

knifeaholic wrote:Bryan; thanks so much, and sorry you had to be drawn into this.

I wanted to treat this VERY carefully and I would never post a name or email address publicly.

Actually, I was not sure whether these Member Store Forums were open to the general membership for viewing or whether it was for store owners only.

But anyway the last thing I would want is to do anything that would reflect negatively on AAPK.

For me, it is "water under the bridge" at this point, just hoping that others won't have to deal with this situation.
Steve, for whatever it's worth, I don't own a store and I can see these posts.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
eveled

Post by eveled »

Well played Bryan.

Thanks for everything you do to keep this place great!

Return to “AAPK Member Store Forums”