Problems with multi vendor purchases

This forum is for member store related discussion. You can ask questions, report bugs, make suggestions, view tips, tricks & instructions & more.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Problems with multi vendor purchases

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Twice in the past 10 days I have had a customer that bought a knife have trouble paying for the purchase. Each one had purchased from another vendor and paid through PayPal before buying a knife from my store. When they tried to check out, the total for the purchase included the previously paid for item from another store, basically telling them to pay for the first knife twice. One customer had purchased a knife the day before he bought from my store when this happened.
Is there a way to keep this from happening? I don’t think there is anything I can do when it involves payment and PayPal? Something seems to not be finalizing a sell so another sell can be completed.
Thanks
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Problems with multi vendor purchases

Post by Bryan »

I'll look into this asap. ::tu::
Bryan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Just a quick update. I believe I've found the cause of this & will work on getting a fix for it in place this week.

When buying from the main store, items placed in carts when logged in keeps them there until removed or until customer checks out when logged in.

If those same items are purchased by another or same customer while logged out, the items are removed from inventory, but they remain in the above mentioned customer's cart with quantities of 0 ...

The cart will warn that there are items in cart that are out of stock & the software will not allow purchase to be made on any item until all quantities in cart are available (requires they remove out of stock items from cart before checkout can commence).

If buying from same vendor, total will reflect out of stock items. If buying from second vendor, there will be two totals displayed with option to check out with either seller.

I plan to make it so that out of stock items are removed from cart automatically so that customers have a less complicated checkout process. ::tu::
Bryan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Bryan
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

For closure's sake, I'd like to report that this should never again be an issue for AAPK customers. The fix has been in place & tested thoroughly. Seems to be working as expected since late July... ::tu::

Please contact me if anyone receives reports to the contrary.
Bryan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks again Bryan, if it happens again, I will let you know.

Return to “AAPK Member Store Forums”