Payment options showing on listings incorrect

This forum is for member store related discussion. You can ask questions, report bugs, make suggestions, view tips, tricks & instructions & more.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Payment options showing on listings incorrect

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I keep seeing the logo’s for Visa, Mastercard, Venmo, Discover and other payment options when I click on my listings. The problem is I only have the ability to accept PayPal or Money Order. I don’t want someone getting frustrated seeing all these payment options on my listings then finding out that they only have two options and not all these other options. Has something changed that allows any payment option even if you don’t have that option in your store? Or is this something else?
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Folgore1

Re: Payment options showing on listings incorrect

Post by Folgore1 »

i think paypal accepts all of these payment options so this is why they are there (as a alternative payment option) you can use just about any other card through paypal like mastercard visa AE venmo etc...
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

PayPal's newest integration allows for all of these payments to be accepted through them in a way that flows better on the AAPK website. No change in how sellers are paid, just more obvious options for buyers.

I'll attach screenshot how that looks at checkout.

I encourage anyone interested or curious about how this flows to put an item in the AAPK shopping cart, start the checkout process but stop before confirming anything ...unless you decide ya want a new knife or something ::tu:: .

advanced-paypal.jpg
advanced-paypal.jpg (35.91 KiB) Viewed 1413 times

If debit or credit card button is clicked...
debit-credit-card-via-paypal.jpg
Bryan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

This is fantastic news Bryan. I always worried about not having credit card acceptance set up on my store. I have to give it to PayPal for coming up with this idea, it will save me from having to do that with each credit card vendor. Love it!
Thanks for the reply.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

In the 3 years I've had my PayPal account Mark, I've always had the option to use a credit card or debit card that gets processed by PayPal, so I don't know how new it is, except here of course. ::shrug:: 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Madmarco wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:24 pm In the 3 years I've had my PayPal account Mark, I've always had the option to use a credit card or debit card that gets processed by PayPal, so I don't know how new it is, except here of course. ::shrug:: 8)
Looks like it started in Nov of 2022. You have always had the option to link your PayPal account to a credit card for payment. But this actually allows a buyer to use a credit card at the time of purchase and pay for it that way. Then PayPal forwards the money collected from the credit card to my PayPal account. They charge a higher percentage of the purchase, 3.6% for processing this. I’m sure the credit card companies are still getting paid, but not sure what the percentages are that are split between the card company and PayPal. I guess PayPal figures that a tiny slice of the pie is better than no slice at all. Either way, it saved me the hassle of opening an account with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Venmo and others. I’m glad they are doing this. I own shares of PayPal and love seeing them grow as a company.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Ah, ha, I see. ::hmm:: Thanks for the clarification Mark. 8)
8)

Return to “AAPK Member Store Forums”