Non paying buyers

If you have questions about the AAPK member store program, post them here. The store developers, administrators, moderators, & many other member users will be glad to answer any questions they can. If you are an experienced buyer or seller, please chime in where you can.
knfcollector

Non paying buyers

Post by knfcollector »

Is there any recourse for those who make offers which are accepted by the seller and then the buyer fails to follow through and refuses to communicate their intent? This is very annoying. Is anyone else having this problem?
KNFCOLLECTOR
rea1eye

Re: Non paying buyers

Post by rea1eye »

Perhaps send private message to one of the moderators with the persons name. (if you really
would like to see the deal go through). Block this buyers e mail for any more offers.

I am sure it is frustrating.

Bob
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

knfcollector wrote:Is there any recourse for those who make offers which are accepted by the seller and then the buyer fails to follow through and refuses to communicate their intent? This is very annoying. Is anyone else having this problem?
I can honestly say I have never had an issue on AAPK, now eBay that’s another matter. The only time I had an issue w/ someone taking a few days to pay was when he had a daughter in a car accident. Sometimes people have issues. But if they make a habit of doing this, then don’t do business with them and tell the moderator.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

I’ve had this happen to me three times in the last six months by different members. I have no problem if they don’t want the item just let me know and/or don’t make an offer in the first place. Mostly I’ve no issues, it’s just the inconsideration of those who fail to follow through or at least communicate their intentions, that’s frustrating. Mostly they are members that have only a couple of posts and infrequent visitation to the site.
KNFCOLLECTOR
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

As per the post above by knfcollector, I had an offer for 3 knives from a member and all offers were reasonable and accepted. No response from the member who made the offer. He hasn't posted but a few times and none recently.
Is there a way to block these guys?

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

I had the same issue a week or two ago. Got an offer, accepted it and that’s the last I heard. He was a member but had no post.
I just cancelled the transaction but it would be nice to block him from any future transactions.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

I guess it would be nice to be able to block them . It happens all the time on my site . I give them 4 day's then cancel the transaction . Most of mine are made late at night or the early morning hrs ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang::
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

I get two or so a week where the buyer makes a offer and never heard from again, I look up their user name and 99% of time zero posts, but one I got today the buyer registered in 2019 with no posts, seems funny, would be nice is sellers could go to their profile and put a non payment buyer counter on them.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv

Return to “Member Store Q & A”