Shipping cost calculator

If you have questions about the AAPK member store program, post them here. The store developers, administrators, moderators, & many other member users will be glad to answer any questions they can. If you are an experienced buyer or seller, please chime in where you can.
bdev

Shipping cost calculator

Post by bdev »

Hi Bryan,
Is it possible to check the shipping cost on a future purchase without adding it to the sellers cart?
Maybe some type of pop-up?
Thanks.....Bruno
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Shipping cost calculator

Post by Bryan »

Yep.

I have some shipping display adjustments planned & I'll be sure to integrate a popup calculator or equivalent when I get to it... hopefully sooner than later ::tu::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Is it possible to get a text box added in the shipping area?
The old store had a box where you could explain that you will ship overseas, but contact me first.

I had a customer this week in Sweden who wanted to purchase a knife. He tried to buy it and when he listed his address it kicked him out and cancel the sale. Fortunately he was savvy enough to email me and I actually sold him two knives, but a lot of people aren’t that knowledgeable.

Also, on most of my knives I offer free shipping if the buyer pays by money order.
I have to put text in the listing itself telling them if they are paying by money order to ignore the shipping charge. Most people get it, but some don’t and pay the shipping anyway and then I have to refund them which is kind of a pain since were dealing with cash and not PayPal.

If a text box can be added for shipping instructions/details that would make me a happy camper.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Also, The Browse by Category and the Browse by Store Name functions under the Buy tab at the top of the page are not working.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

orvet wrote:Is it possible to get a text box added in the shipping area?
Yep. I'll be working on this soon. I've been mulling the best way to go about it.
Bryan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

orvet wrote:Also, The Browse by Category and the Browse by Store Name functions under the Buy tab at the top of the page are not working.
Should be fixed as of 4-25-17
Bryan
jsrsports

Post by jsrsports »

Hi Bryan

Are there any other options for the shipping cost?
I normally ship free in the USA But I also offer discounted international shipping costs. the cost depends on where it is being shipped.

Thanks, Jamie
Thanks
Jamie - jsrsports
AAPK webstore JSR Sports and More
www.jsrsportsandmore.com
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

jsrsports wrote:Hi Bryan

Are there any other options for the shipping cost?
I normally ship free in the USA But I also offer discounted international shipping costs. the cost depends on where it is being shipped.

Thanks, Jamie
Hi Jamie,

I'm afraid that your desired shipping cost structure is not achievable with our current available options. I do, however, think that I could fairly easily implement a 3rd method that would accommodate.

I have a few pressing issues to attend to at the moment, but I'll look into this further as soon as I get a chance.

Best,
Bryan

Return to “Member Store Q & A”