How to put an item on "Hold"?

If you have questions about the AAPK member store program, post them here. The store developers, administrators, moderators, & many other member users will be glad to answer any questions they can. If you are an experienced buyer or seller, please chime in where you can.
knivestemplar

How to put an item on "Hold"?

Post by knivestemplar »

I know I must be over looking this, but is there a way to out an item on "Hold"? I have had customers ask me to put an item on hold so they can pick it now and order and pay for it a bit later!
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: How to put an item on "Hold"?

Post by bestgear »

I'd put the inventory quantity to zero and have them contact when ready to transact and then put the inventory quantity back to one. There's a small risk that someone else will make the purchase before the person you intended to make the purchase but that's the only way that I know to put an item on lay-away.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How to put an item on "Hold"?

Post by Bryan »

I posted about this in the general FAQ forum a few days ago. Will add here as well... ::tu::

We don't really have a great way to do this, but as Randy stated, you can prevent someone from buying an item by changing the inventory to 0...

When your buyer is ready, you would need to change inventory back to 1 or more to allow for them to complete the checkout here at AAPK... or you could PayPal invoice them if you accept PayPal.
Bryan

Return to “Member Store Q & A”