Non paying buyer

If you have questions about the AAPK member store program, post them here. The store developers, administrators, moderators, & many other member users will be glad to answer any questions they can. If you are an experienced buyer or seller, please chime in where you can.
knfcollector

Non paying buyer

Post by knfcollector »

I’ve accepted an offer on a product in my store but have received no payment or communication from a member after having tried several times over the last week or so to contact them. I don’t have a problem if they’ve changed their mind as I prefer that to a return but would appreciate the courtesy of a reply as to their intentions. Of course there is the off chance there is a problem where he/she is unable to respond that is beyond their control. I’m just wondering how one might proceed or if anyone else may have encountered this problem.
KNFCOLLECTOR
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Non paying buyer

Post by btrwtr »

Could be a problem on their end. As long as you have the knife you can wait a bit and then reopen the sale if no communication. If the bidder isn't having problem they should reply.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I have encountered similar situations over the years; in one situation the gentleman and had a heart attack some sort of health crisis it had been in the hospital and been unable to respond. He did contact me as soon as he was able to.
It is frustrating when they changed their mind and don't bother to inform you.
What I usually do is to wait what I considered to be a reasonable time, for the knife in question, and then I return it to stock. You may need to cancel the offer in order to do so.
If the knife is in high demand and you think it will sell quickly, I would cancel the offer after two or three days of receiving no response. If it is the knife that has seniority in my store, meaning it's been there a long time, I may wait until I hear longer hoping the fellow with the offer shows backup.

That's been my experience and the way I do it, I hope my experiences helpful to you.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
knfcollector

Post by knfcollector »

Thanks Dale,

I don’t see any way to cancel an offer once accepted, as well the item seems to be still available for sale until the purchaser “lawman201” makes payment. This username was just created, he has never posted, and made an offer and ignored its acceptance within two days of joining. Possibly there should be some guidelines needed to be met before being allowed to purchase from a store? I don’t really care about the sale. It’s all about being respectiful and at this point would really rather not sell to him even if he eventually accepts.
KNFCOLLECTOR

Return to “Member Store Q & A”