Adding Images to Your Product Listings on the AAPK Member Store Platform

This forum contains tips, tricks, & instructions to help you get the most out of the store program. We encourage you to browse around for golden nuggets of useful info. If you have info to share, please post!
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Adding Images to Your Product Listings on the AAPK Member Store Platform

Post by Bryan »

Click the link below to watch a quick video demonstration that covers the two ways you can add images to your product listings...

https://youtu.be/M3mWNv-uoRM
Bryan
familyforge

Re: Adding Images to Your Product Listings on the AAPK Member Store Platform

Post by familyforge »

Thanks, Bryan, My problem is that many of my pictures are turned the wrong way. I think it is because I wasn't holding my camera phone upright when I took the picture. Now I tried turning the photo in the folder before I add it to my listing, but when it loads to the listing it is in the original position!
When I first saw that I thought I had made a mistake, so I tried again and the same thing happened. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to take all of the pictures over again ::shrug:: I sure hope there is a solution besides retaking them. Thanks
When you're the hammer; strike. Anvil; bear.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

What kind of phone are you using? You likely have built in tools that enable you to manipulate images. You may have a rotate tool & I think the crop tool on most phones reorients images to play nice with AAPK (even if not much if anything is cropped)...
Bryan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Bryan wrote:What kind of phone are you using? You likely have built in tools that enable you to manipulate images. You may have a rotate tool & I think the crop tool on most phones reorients images to play nice with AAPK (even if not much if anything is cropped)...
It's been my experience that nothing has to be cropped, just run it through the crop tool and leave it full size. At least that's what works for me on my phone (LG on Verizon).
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

jerryd6818 wrote:
Bryan wrote:What kind of phone are you using? You likely have built in tools that enable you to manipulate images. You may have a rotate tool & I think the crop tool on most phones reorients images to play nice with AAPK (even if not much if anything is cropped)...
It's been my experience that nothing has to be cropped, just run it through the crop tool and leave it full size. At least that's what works for me on my phone (LG on Verizon).
Jerry,

You, sir, I believe, could come out of retirement & start working in the tech sector if ever so inclined ::tu:: :D
Bryan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Bryan, the tech sector left me in the dust within a year of my retirement. I can still find my ::censored:: with both hands now and then but not consistently and only in bright sunshine.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Fishnbum

Post by Fishnbum »

I’m using an iPhone and can’t get photos to transfer to the website. When I click on add images and select an image it doesn’t go to the box where I can upload it. Any suggestions?
rwmoss1

Post by rwmoss1 »

I take pictures with my phone. I transfer the pictures to my desktop PC. The PC has more tools to rotate, crop, etc. in addition to a larger and clearer picture. I store the pictures in a file in the C drive where I have more storage than on the phone. The pictures are transferred to AAPK from the PC. When I rotate a picture on the PC and save the change, the rotation will stay the way I want it to be on the AAPK listing. All transfers are with a hard wire. Some would say that this is a lot of work but it works for me. My pictures show superbly.

Return to “Member Store Tips, Tricks & Instructions”