Searching for Knives by Brand since the addition of the Browse by Category tab

This forum contains tips, tricks, & instructions to help you get the most out of the store program. We encourage you to browse around for golden nuggets of useful info. If you have info to share, please post!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Searching for Knives by Brand since the addition of the Browse by Category tab

Post by orvet »

I was trying to search for a brand of knife and encountered a difficulty I had not expected.
I wanted to search all Al Mar brand knives listed on AAPK. I could not do so; I apparently have to look them up in each separate store?

If I clicked the buy tab it asks me which category I want, Traditional Folding Knives, tactical Folding Knives, fixed blade knives, Automatics etc. and Al Mar made knives that would fit into all of those categories.

Next I went to the drop-down windows for Shop AAPK Stores by: Brand – Pattern – Handle Material and there I noticed that Al Mar is not listed under the brands category.

How will I find out more knives in AAPK stores short of searching every store in AAPK for Al Mar Knives?
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Searching for Knives by Brand since the addition of the Browse by Category tab

Post by Railsplitter »

Dale,

I'm clicking on any category and when that category comes up the brands are listed on the left. I see Al Mar there. You may need to scroll down just a smidgen once you're in the category.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Searching for Knives by Brand since the addition of the Browse by Category tab

Post by orvet »

Thanks Rick, I see it now.

Now I am wondering if someone who is as familiar with the site as I am that has difficulty finding a brand, how easy is it for a customer new to the site?

Granted I probably had a senior moment... ::shrug::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Please believe me when I say this no disrespect is meant, but as an administrator shouldn't you be answering this question instead of asking?
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I’ve never been able to get a complex search to work for the stores. If I pick only a brand the search works fine - it finds everything of that brand. But if I pick brand and pattern it brings back the pattern, but in all brands. For example I can search successfully for Case or canoe, but it won’t find only Case canoes. ::dang::

Same thing for brand and handles. If I select Case and bone, I get bone knives from all makers.

Maybe just operator error? ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

edge213 wrote:Please believe me when I say this no disrespect is meant, but as an administrator shouldn't you be answering this question instead of asking?
No problems David. You are right, however my authority as an administrator does not extend to the AAPK stores. I have a store like everyone else and I can only access my store.
My store keeps me busy enough that I rarely get a chance to see what's in other people's stores.
Plus I think I had an attack of Old Timers, (Senior Moment) and I don't mean the pocket knife. :lol:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

orvet wrote:
edge213 wrote:Please believe me when I say this no disrespect is meant, but as an administrator shouldn't you be answering this question instead of asking?
No problems David. You are right, however my authority as an administrator does not extend to the AAPK stores. I have a store like everyone else and I can only access my store.
My store keeps me busy enough that I rarely get a chance to see what's in other people's stores.
Plus I think I had an attack of Old Timers, (Senior Moment) and I don't mean the pocket knife. :lol:
My apologies sir.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Railsplitter wrote:Dale,

I'm clicking on any category and when that category comes up the brands are listed on the left. I see Al Mar there. You may need to scroll down just a smidgen once you're in the category.
Rick:

You actually helped me out as well and didn't even know it. Thanks buddy!! ::tu::

_________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

XX Case XX wrote: Rick:

You actually helped me out as well and didn't even know it. Thanks buddy!! ::tu::

_________
Mike
Right on, Mike! ::tu::
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Return to “Member Store Tips, Tricks & Instructions”