Edit Picture

Have suggestions that might help improve the member store program? Please post them here! We have in-house development capabilities that can be utilized to turn most any idea into action. Our best ideas often come from you, the users of our services, so please speak up!
PEDDLEROFKNIVES
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Edit Picture

Post by PEDDLEROFKNIVES »

I cannot find the tool to rotate the pic. Like turning pic upside down or a clockwise or counterclockwise rotation.
Just wondering if your IT person could add it to the edit tool.
I think this site works way better than any other site I've used. Listing items are quick and easy.
I appreciate AAPK allowing switchblades to be bought and sold. I have several more still to list.

Regards...
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Edit Picture

Post by Madmarco »

::welcome:: to AAPK POK! I can't help you with how to adjust your pictures, but I'm sure looking forward to seeing your automatics since they're my all-time favorite knives! If you'd like to view my autos go to the "Switchblade Collectors Forum" and scroll til you find the topic "Some of my autos" where you can view all 52 of them! Someone with the technical knowledge of how to rotate your pictures will be along eventually so keep checking back to this thread. 8)
8)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Your pictures need to be oriented correctly, cropped, or whatever BEFORE you post them. Most photo software works well with AAPK but in some cases it has problems talking to AAPK, so your pictures look good before you submit them, but end up sideways or upside down on the forum after submitted. You can solve that problem by simply submitting your picture to “edit” (crop, or whatever the software on your device calls it). You don’t have to actually edit the picture - for some reason simply placing it in edit and then saving it fixes the problem.

In summary it’s not anything in AAPK per se that causes the problem, it’s some kind of anomaly between your device’s software and AAPK, but the fix is relatively simple.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

The software is designed to detect orientation from your device, but it seems to be hit & miss for some phones/tablets.

I plan to modify the program to allow a bit of image manipulation so re-orientation can be easily achieved for all. Not certain when. Hopefully soon.

Until then, you can select edit image feature on your device & choose crop tool as Ken very helpfully mentioned. I don't think you even have to crop anything, just submit & it should work.

Please report back with your results if you try this.

Thanks
Bryan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Bryan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:17 pm I don't think you even have to crop anything, just submit & it should work.
That is correct. It's the easiest, fastest way to do it.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Samb

Post by Samb »

Experiment
Couple of Bonkers I recently bought
Couple of Bonkers I recently bought
. Looks like I figured it out, now if I can just remember how I did it.
Attachments
IMG_20220922_115339371.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:00 pm Experiment IMG_20220922_115339371.jpg. Looks like I figured it out, now if I can just remember how I did it.
Sam! Please try to remember how you posted these pictures cuz you have so many knives I'd like to see! Oh yah, nice knives bud! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Thanks Marco, that top one is a whopper, 10 1/2". I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yes sir Sam, that AK-47 is a monster for sure! I haven't seen many with clip-point blades either, makes it a little unusual. I can hardly believe how excited I am now that I get to see your knives! I just noticed the button on your Boker, is it automatic and if so what model if you remember? I'm really liking that one too! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:27 am Yes sir Sam, that AK-47 is a monster for sure! I haven't seen many with clip-point blades either, makes it a little unusual. I can hardly believe how excited I am now that I get to see your knives! I just noticed the button on your Boker, is it automatic and if so what model if you remember? I'm really liking that one too! 8)
It's automatic and it the model xxlarge kal74, if I'm not mistaken. Little to big to be pocket friendly but it's definitely different. Has a really good snap for such a large blade too, got it from grindworx.com
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Good stuff bud! What's the story on the smaller Boker? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:47 am Good stuff bud! What's the story on the smaller Boker? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
It's a Kihon from the Burnley line, cost a little more than the Kal line but it was on sale at grindworx.com. I'd say the same quality maybe a better steel on the blade but that's just a guess. Doesn't weigh alot and it don't make my pants sag, which is a plus for me cause I have the white man's curse. All gut and no butt.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: Very good bud, never heard that term before "white man's curse", and unfortunately it fits me too. Thanks for the info on your Boker, I've not seen that model before, and I really like it. 8)
8)

Return to “Member Store Suggestion Box”