First and Last Purchase From AAPK Stores

Have suggestions that might help improve the member store program? Please post them here! We have in-house development capabilities that can be utilized to turn most any idea into action. Our best ideas often come from you, the users of our services, so please speak up!
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

First and Last Purchase From AAPK Stores

Postby Jeffinn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:23 am

I had a rather inexpensive purchase from a member store. I received an empty beat up envelope and no contents. The seller refused to communicate with me via e-mail or online form and PayPal refused to open a claim because I apparently received something from the seller.
It was my first and last purchase from the AAPK stores. If you're thinking about purchasing knives from these stores, tread lightly as you have zero protection against fraud. You're safer purchasing from E-Bay.
Jeff
If it ain't broke, you're not trying!
Jeff
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jeffinn

FRJ
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First and Last Purchase From AAPK Stores

Postby FRJ » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:40 am

That's unfortunate.
I will say it's nice to receive knives in a well packed box.
Joe

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby gsmith7158 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:02 am

I would ex that seller from my buying list as I believe each seller is independent and the AAPK store is only a market place.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

#goldpan
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby #goldpan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:44 am

As a member who has a store I find that kind of service a disgrace. You will never be treated that way by me when purchasing any knife I sell. I'm sorry that you had such a negative experience........

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby QTCut5 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:10 am

Man, that's a shame. Can you tell who the seller is so that others don't get treated the same way? The only way to protect against unscrupulous sellers like that is to collectively refuse to buy from him. If he gets no more sales until he makes it right and shows some good faith, I imagine he'll eventually stop selling on AAPK and it'll be good riddance. We don't need one bad actor ruining the trust that so many honest AAPK sellers have worked hard to gain and maintain (which I'd like to believe is the majority of them). I've had nothing but positive experiences buying from the AAPK stores. Maybe it would help if Bryan or one of the moderators could get involved and at least threaten to suspend his selling privileges and/or AAPK membership if he doesn't play nice with his customers. There's got to be some way to protect the buyers otherwise all the sellers will suffer because people will lose confidence and stop buying from the stores altogether.

~Q~
~Q~

dweb1897
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby dweb1897 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:18 am

If you don't want to name the seller in this thread, there's the Con Man Warning viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30903 It would be good to let everyone know so other members aren't taken advantage of. Like the others here, I've never had a bad experience dealing with any of the AAPK stores. Most everyone here knows that you spend a lifetime earning your good name, and it only takes a minute to lose it.
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon

stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Postby stagman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:23 am

When I opened my Clear Creek Knives store on AAPK back on 1-2-06, I think it was Bryan's store
and 3-4 others, only about 5 of us...it was not till we had about 15-20 stores that we had a big
ta-do that someone made a large purchase and the store welched and ran off with the money
Bryan closed up his account and off he went
Thats why it was such a long wait before any new stores were opened....other than this and a
couple cases that was resolved, I heard nothing bad of AAPK stores, and I have bought from at least 7 different stores over the years
I mean there is 1000's of sales thru this time span, and something is gonna go south, but some
agreement needs to be came to, I agree with that, I sure hope you 2 can work something out ::shrug::

Stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby kootenay joe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:48 am

I just received a Tuna Valley EO Jack with mammoth from "Franks Classic Knives" here at AAPK. Fantastic knife. I am 100% pleased.
I am sure the vast majority of knife sellers at AAPK Store are honest and fair to deal with. Furthermore some of them have top notch knives hard to find elsewhere.
Please ID this rogue seller rather than imply that all AAPK Store dealings are risky.
kj

supratentorial

Postby supratentorial » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 am

If filing a PayPal claim, can you verify that the envelop was empty by the USPS record of the package weight? I think the weight is usually marked on the postage.

Did the knife fall out of a broken envelope? Can you file an insurance claim with the post office?

It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience. Lots of good sellers here. I have bought from several of them and have had good experiences. I also sell but not very often. Let me share a good outcome to a problem.... Do to a mistake with the addresses, I didn't receive a mailed payment. It was my mistake though. Post office said the mail would be rerouted back to the sender. I apologized and asked the buyer to resend the payment to the new address. But time passed and we though it might be lost. Also it turned out he sent cash! I sent out the knife anyway without anything to show for it. It was my fault with the address mixup and my responsibility to make it right. He insisted that he pay half and he sent me another payment. Then he received the original payment returned by the post office (unable to deliver) and he sent me the rest to the corrected address. Some good honest folks here. He and I have enjoyed several more sales since that experience and its always a pleasure.

I hope one bad transaction won't keep you from enjoying what AAPK has to offer.

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Postby bestgear » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:02 pm

Shipping a knife in anything but a box is a recipe for what Jeff xperienced. I simply wrap the knife in a clean paper towel, put the knife in a zip-lock bag and place that in a Kraft Indestructo box that costs me less than $0.50 when I buy them in bulk. I've had numerous customers ask about the box and where they can buy them they are so good.

I agree with all previous commentary and would hope that all sellers are knife aficionados that know how to treat other knife aficionados but that's me dreaming again.
Attachments
image.jpeg
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/bestgear
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another ::handshake::

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Shirt happens. Sometimes in great, nasty piles. I have a similar experience only it was with an eBay seller.

Bought a knife on eBay that I had been looking for forever. It was in a lot of two and I had NO interest in the other knife as it was a Pacific Rim knife. The "package" came and it was just a plain old manila envelop with the end ripped out and only one knife in it, NOT THE ONE I WANTED. I sent the Pacific Rim knife back and had my money refunded which is nowhere as satisfying as getting the knife you've been searching for since Christ was a Corporal. Gave the seller negative feedback for poor packing and went back to the search. Shirt happens. I've never even seen another Black Kershaw Half-Ton.

Sellers picture
Kershaw Half-Ton 1445 Black.jpg

My picture
0829161603.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

americanedgetech

Postby americanedgetech » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:31 pm

This sounds like it was poor packaging more than a straight up ripp off.

What I am surprised at is the forum Admin does not protect the buyer or seller. Is that correct?
Something as simple as requiring insurance on all packages, and if the seller deviates from that then suspend the account.
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!

Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Bryan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:24 pm

Hello Jeff,

Hate to hear reports like this, but thank you for posting it.

If you could, please send an email to bryan@allaboutpocketknives.com with either the invoice number or seller's name. As AAPK member store admin, I would like to investigate the issue & consider taking action if necessary.

Best,
Bryan

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby gsmith7158 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:35 pm

There you go jeffin. You've got the ear of the big boss man now. I suspect your issue will soon be resolved. ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

Quick Steel
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Postby Quick Steel » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Just adding my 2 cents. I have purchased from a good variety of AAPK stores. Have experienced nothing but first class service. Not always the case with eBay.
"Life is good if you don't weaken." AG Russell

Return to “Member Store Suggestion Box”