Forum Group Access

Have suggestions that might help improve the member store program? Please post them here! We have in-house development capabilities that can be utilized to turn most any idea into action. Our best ideas often come from you, the users of our services, so please speak up!
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Forum Group Access

Post by Jeffinn »

I know its probably not possible, but for me it would be nice to have certain groups inaccessible from my log-in.
I find myself wandering into certain groups where I quite often get irritated or ticked off (its my problem, not anyone elses). If I could eliminated those groups from my menu it'd make my life infinitely easier. (I just cant resist taking a look).
I thoroughly enjoy the knife community here so I'll have to work on a stronger self control.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Forum Group Access

Post by jerryd6818 »

Jeff, if it's just certain individuals that crank your engine, you can manage them in your "User Control Panel" on the "Friends and Foes" tab. Set that individual as a "Foe" and you will see that they have posted but not what they posted. It does help keep the blood pressure in check. If you just feel you have to see what they said, you can reveal their post as a one time occurrence with the click of your mouse. When you leave the topic the post goes dark again. If someone quotes them, you will see that and there's no way to block it.

If it's certain subject that you object to, I'm sorry but I can't help you there. You'll have to manage those using the manual method (don't look).
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

Thanks brother Jerry.
It’s all on me, I just get sucked into conversations sometimes. I always have an opinion but I’m just gonna work on keeping those opinions to myself.
The corona virus is a hot point topic for me so Ive decided to stay out of all of the related topics surrounding that issue.
It’s a lose, lose proposition. I’m not going to convince them and they’re not going to convince me so Ill go back to the things that brought me here In the first place, knifes and knife repairs.
Thanks for the response.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
I'm with you, Jeff. Certain topics I've had to restrain myself from getting sucked in to.
Not always easy, but I'm working on it!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Jeffinn wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:17 am
It’s a lose, lose proposition. I’m not going to convince them and they’re not going to convince me
Genius statement of the day. ::tu:: For the longest time I've said "An argument is two fools, each thinking they will change the mind of the other."
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Jeff, I hope the following comment does not get me put on your "no fly" list. I just want to express my experience on dealing with contentious issues. Years ago, I discovered that taking a look at sources which were antagonistic to my views could, at times, be instructive.
For example. I once subscribed to a very left publication, the views of which I generally found reprehensible. Nevertheless, I discovered they often did some outstanding investigative reporting, particularly on corporate America. Really some remarkably well researched work which I found admirable.

More recently, there is a documentary called The Planet of Humans. I believe it is still being shown on YouTube for free despite tremendous opposition. It is from a source that more than a few of us would find despicable. I hesitate to mention his name, but the film is by Michael Moore. And this film should not be missed. I think you will be impressed at the corruption the film reveals about the Green movement. Even Rush Limbaugh watched the entire movie and made cogent points about it.

So, from examples like the above, I prefer to expose myself to disagreeable viewpoints looking for nuggets of truth. This does not mean I will feel the need to participate in an argument.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Jeff, I like your statement ' I'll go back to the things that brought me here in the first place, knives and knife repair.' I can do with out the other stuff. And the forums that focus on the other stuff don't talk knives. ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I love this forum for the knives but I also love this forum for it's diversity. It's diversity in people. It's diversity in ideas and it's diversity in topics. Knives are the main bill of fare but there are also side dishes and dessert. It's a well rounded meal every time I come here. Thank you.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:38 am I love this forum ........... It's a well rounded meal every time I come here. Thank you.
Don't forget to leave a generous tip. ::poke::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Member Store Suggestion Box”