Ability to respond to a buyer when they purchase a product.

Have suggestions that might help improve the member store program? Please post them here! We have in-house development capabilities that can be utilized to turn most any idea into action. Our best ideas often come from you, the users of our services, so please speak up!
Blade-Runner

Ability to respond to a buyer when they purchase a product.

Post by Blade-Runner »

First off, thank you for allowing me to be a seller on your website. Second, I do not know how much the inability to get money orders without the history you require might hinder my ability to sell my items initially, but that's ok, made a sale on my first day of listing. Third, and towards the subject, it would be nice to be able to give a response for their purchase to insure them that their order is in process. Maybe you have this message ability and I just missed it. Anyway thanks again for the opportunity to provide some cool knives to help promote my items and your website. Peace.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ability to respond to a buyer when they purchase a product.

Post by Railsplitter »

I don't have a store here so please take this with a grain of salt.

I see that you accept Paypal. When I sell a knife as an individual (not a dealer) I sometimes notice that in the transaction details on Paypal the buyer's email address is listed above their mailing address. I don't know if it shows up on every sale but I know I've seen it before.

If your sales work the same way you could contact the buyer by using their email address provided by Paypal.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

I don't have a store here either and I'm dumb enough to spend good money at other member's stores so take this with a large chunk of salt. In all other circumstances, as long as I'm signed in, when I click on a member's name the screen that comes up offers the opportunity to send them a private message.

Since this will probably get a real answer from a moderator I'll add a question for them. What are the requirements to accept money orders while selling here?
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

As above post says, you should be able to contact the seller when you go to their site, it has contact option and details on it. ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Blade Runner, It maybe something in the settings. If you go to your “Sellers Dashboard” there are settings to set up. I get an email automatically when someone purchases a knife and it has their email address in it. From there you can send them an email. That’s the way it works for my store.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Blade-Runner wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:49 pm First off, thank you for allowing me to be a seller on your website. Second, I do not know how much the inability to get money orders without the history you require might hinder my ability to sell my items initially, but that's ok, made a sale on my first day of listing. Third, and towards the subject, it would be nice to be able to give a response for their purchase to insure them that their order is in process. Maybe you have this message ability and I just missed it. Anyway thanks again for the opportunity to provide some cool knives to help promote my items and your website. Peace.
First... ::tu::

Second... Unfortunately, this is a policy we maintain to protect buyers ... There is little to no recourse if a check or money order is sent from buyer to the seller if seller does not deliver. I feel we need to have some history with sellers before allowing for such transactions.

Third... When you change an item's ship status trough the "View customer's orders" page...
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... /orderlist
...accessible from left side menu of your seller's dashboard, an email is send to inform the buyer that it was sent & if tracking was entered, it will forward that as well. For more personal dialog, seller's email is available on the above mentioned page as well.

Hope that helps :)
Bryan

Return to “Member Store Suggestion Box”