Possible to add a magnifier when looking at pictures

Have suggestions that might help improve the member store program? Please post them here! We have in-house development capabilities that can be utilized to turn most any idea into action. Our best ideas often come from you, the users of our services, so please speak up!
robcelani
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Possible to add a magnifier when looking at pictures

Post by robcelani »

Hello Bryan, I am wondering if there's a way to add a magnifier when viewing pictures in a listing. I know they enlarge when we click on them but there's times when that doesn't show the detail I'm looking for when I'm looking at a knife picture. I try and take close up pictures when I think an area of a knife needs to be shown in detail. Sometimes I miss something or when I am looking to buy a knife I want to see more detail and a magnifier would make that possible.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Possible to add a magnifier when looking at pictures

Post by Bryan »

Hi Rob,

Maybe at some point in the future, but it will probably be a while before a magnifier feature could be considered.

In the mean time...

I would not be apposed to allowing for larger images to be uploaded so that more detail could be seen. Do you think that would be helpful?

Thanks,
Bryan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

When I want to look closer I just click on the seller’s picture, then use two fingers to enlarge the picture. But I seldom use a conventional PC. Works great on a tablet or a laptop PC with tablet mode. Also works on a smartphone. You can see as close-up as the photo’s resolution allows. However on a couple of sites that do have a “magnifier”, that technique I described doesn’t work - the pictures will only enlarge via the magnifier. Which frankly I find a PITA.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

If you are on a PC, and you have a mouse similar to the one shown below, simply hold down the Control Key (Ctrl) and roll the wheel on the mouse forward (or backwards to shrink the image). To restore normal size, hold down the Control key and hit the zero (0) key on the top row of keys (Not on the ten key pad).
Attachments
Mouse.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:39 pm If you are on a PC, and you have a mouse similar to the one shown below, simply hold down the Control Key (Ctrl) and roll the wheel on the mouse forward (or backwards to shrink the image). To restore normal size, hold down the Control key and hit the zero (0) key on the top row of keys (Not on the ten key pad).
WOW! Thanks for that tip Jerry, ::handshake:: it works great! 8)
8)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:34 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:39 pm If you are on a PC, and you have a mouse similar to the one shown below, simply hold down the Control Key (Ctrl) and roll the wheel on the mouse forward (or backwards to shrink the image). To restore normal size, hold down the Control key and hit the zero (0) key on the top row of keys (Not on the ten key pad).
You're welcome. Maybe I should add that to the tips and tricks forum. ::shrug::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:38 pm
Madmarco wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:34 pm
You're welcome. Maybe I should add that to the tips and tricks forum. ::shrug::
I think you should definitely add this to the tips and tricks forum Jerry, most of us are not terribly computer literate, so the more tips we can get the better. I was fumbling around with the magnifying feature that comes with Windows 10, and let me tell you, using that is a real PITA! Thanks again! 8)
8)
robcelani
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by robcelani »

Bryan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:57 am Hi Rob,

Maybe at some point in the future, but it will probably be a while before a magnifier feature could be considered.

In the mean time...

I would not be apposed to allowing for larger images to be uploaded so that more detail could be seen. Do you think that would be helpful?

Thanks,
Bryan
Thanks for responding Bryan. I appreciate you considering the magnifier feature. Based on some of the other responses it might not be a popular idea. I get that it's not really needed on my phone or a tablet since we can all magnify pictures with our fingers. I was thinking about using it when I'm on my desktop.

Regarding file size, that wouldn't affect me because I use my phone and transfer the pictures to my desktop. I then rename them and save them to load on to AAPK. My file size is whatever my phone saves the picture as I guess. I don't even pay attention to it since the method I use to get pictures into my listings works and my pictures seem to show enough detail to get a good view of the knife.

Anyway, thanks for considering it. If it happens in the future great, if not that's ok too.
robcelani
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by robcelani »

Thanks for the suggestion Jerry. I'm using a mac mini so I had to go into my settings to get the feature you mentioned to work. I eventually figured it out and got the function working.

Return to “Member Store Suggestion Box”