Promote this product section not letting me change options

This is the place to report problems with your store. If you run into a bug, glitch, or error, please post it so that we can know there is a problem to fix.
robcelani
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Promote this product section not letting me change options

Post by robcelani »

Hello Bryan, I am wondering if there's something that changed in the promote this product section when listing items. I would always choose the middle option- Feature this product on your home pages & side-bar.

Now when I choose that option and save my listing it'll default to- Do not feature or offer sales discounts for this product. I went back and tried editing other listings and every one has the do not feature option chosen.

What's going on?

Thanks.

Here's the section and options I am referring to.

Promote This Product (optional):
Do not feature or offer sales discounts for this product
Feature this product on your home pages & side-bar (Featured Item)
Offer this product at a discounted sale price (Sale Item)
- Auto expires after 3 months
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Promote this product section not letting me change options

Post by Bryan »

Hi Rob,

This one is on me. There are a few things I've been working on to make the software more efficient. The featured product option being one. The way it's stored & pulled from the database is slowing things down a hair & It's basically disabled at this point. I'll likely remove it as an option altogether soon.

I did not anticipate the current modifications to cause problems as you describe, but it is certainly from changes I've made.
Bryan
robcelani
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Promote this product section not letting me change options

Post by robcelani »

Thanks for the update Bryan.

I was worried my items wouldn't be promoted in the revolving pictures on the main store page. I guess those options don't affect that because I saw some of my new items in those pictures after I listed them.

Return to “Report Member Store Bugs”