Some bugs on the new store system

This is the place to report problems with your store. If you run into a bug, glitch, or error, please post it so that we can know there is a problem to fix.
bdev

Some bugs on the new store system

Post by bdev »

Hi Bryan,
Here are a few 'bugs" I found with my new store (bdev - Hudson Valley Knives)

You can sort the product list alphabetically but it will not sort correctly by price, low to high; high to low.

When in edit mode, if you click on the red prompt on the top of the page that says "Turn Edit Mode Off", once your out of edit mode, there's no prompt on the re-freshed page to return to edit mode.

Store categories "sort order" is not working. When I sorted the categories, they still appear in alphabetical order.

That's it for now. If I find others, I'll post them here.

Bruno
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some bugs on the new store system

Post by Bryan »

Thanks Bruno,

Thank you for letting me know! ::tu::

Will get fixed asap ... Try to find all you can. Very helpful ::super_happy::

Bryan
bdev

Post by bdev »

Bryan wrote:Thanks Bruno,

Thank you for letting me know! ::tu::

Will get fixed asap ... Try to find all you can. Very helpful ::super_happy::

Bryan
Bryan,

One other thing I found on the main store page. When you click on a specific knife brand, the list is not populated in order of listing, newest to oldest, as was on the old store site.

Also, when you hover over the "Buy" drop down (top left of main page) and move your mouse pointer to the "browse by store name" choice, the page vanishes. The "browse by category" works fine.

Bruno
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

I can't find the store "search" capability. The search that is available seems to search the forums rather than the store.

As an example, I would like to search for "cattle" to find all of the cattle knives in the store regardless of brand. Apologies if it is there and I was not able to locate the capability.

Thank you for making this great knife resource available to us!
supratentorial

Post by supratentorial »

Someone emailed me to say that my sold items are appearing (as out of stock) rather than being hidden like on the old system. In edit mode, I can see all the items, of course. But in the old system, the out of stock items were not public. I don't know if this is intentional or accidental. If I navigate from the main AAPK website using the menus to my store, Jake's knives, I can see the out of stock items. If I click on my name and then go to my store, I don't see the out of stock items.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

RalphAlsip wrote:I can't find the store "search" capability. The search that is available seems to search the forums rather than the store.

As an example, I would like to search for "cattle" to find all of the cattle knives in the store regardless of brand. Apologies if it is there and I was not able to locate the capability.

Thank you for making this great knife resource available to us!
Just added a search bar for stores that will display on every page... ::tu::
Attachments
store_search.jpg
Bryan
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Thank you Bryan. It works great! I like how it also shows the "sold" knives. I hope that's a feature and not a defect :).
bdev

Post by bdev »

Hi Bryan,
How do we offer a lower combined shipping rate if a customer makes multiple purchases of different items?
The system is now adding the shipping cost for each item. Example... In each of my knife listings, my shipping cost is $4.50. My customer chooses 3 different knife listings and adds them to his/her cart. The total shipping cost is calculated as 13.50 which is higher than I want to charge. How do we combine shipping costs?

Thanks......Bruno
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

when I go in to delete items no longer available they are not showing yet to browse my site via AAPK the items show FOR SALE?
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi Wayne,

Are you using the old administration dashboard or new?

Go to the link below to make changes & everything should be available to edit / delete...

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/dashboard

Please let me know if that doesn't work.

Best,
Bryan
Bryan
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

I just now found the VIEW IN EDIT FORM so I think I'm ok.thanks tons..wayne
prairiedog

Post by prairiedog »

when trying to add photos of knife in my store...and I click on add images...a new window isn't popping up with my pc photos? it does nothing when I click on add images. I'm sure it is something on my end that I'm doing wrong...but I'm having no luck figuring it out. thanks for any advice.

Perry
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

prairiedog wrote:when trying to add photos of knife in my store...and I click on add images...a new window isn't popping up with my pc photos? it does nothing when I click on add images. I'm sure it is something on my end that I'm doing wrong...but I'm having no luck figuring it out. thanks for any advice.

Perry
Hi Perry,

Do you know what browser you are using?

I just changed some stuff around on your account that changes the method used to add images. It works by inputting them one at a time. Can you give that a try when you get a chance & report back with the results?

Many Thanks,
Bryan
Bryan
prairiedog

Post by prairiedog »

Hi Brian; Works perfectly now...I can actually upload 2 images at a time. Many thanks for all you do!
Kind regards,
Perry
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Store link has changed:

Links for stores were originally set up as follows:

www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knifeaholic

At some point they changed to this format:

www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/knifeaholic

I just wanted to alert people to this in case you are providing the link to you store to drive traffic to your items for sale.

Unfortunately, I only discovered this recently after printing and sending (snail mail) about 100 flyers with the old (now non functional) link format.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

knifeaholic wrote:Store link has changed:

Links for stores were originally set up as follows:

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knifeaholic

At some point they changed to this format:

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/knifeaholic

I just wanted to alert people to this in case you are providing the link to you store to drive traffic to your items for sale.

Unfortunately, I only discovered this recently after printing and sending (snail mail) about 100 flyers with the old (now non functional) link format.
Hi Steve,

Both links are supposed to work. I think some recent changes have caused browser cache issues.

I thought this was isolated to a couple accounts, but it appears to be a bit more wide spread than I thought ::cr::

If you clear your browser's cache, both should work. ...in theory
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knifeaholic
should redirect to
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... nifeaholic

For any of your customers that have old data cached on their browsers, it should resolve / correct itself in time so that both links will direct to your store.
Bryan
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Thanks Bryan; glad to hear that both are supposed to work.

The flyers that I sent out were also designed to try to get people to come to AAPK in general, in addition to my store.

Return to “Report Member Store Bugs”