The last 15 or so I posted don't show up in Featured

This is the place to report problems with your store. If you run into a bug, glitch, or error, please post it so that we can know there is a problem to fix.
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Posted pics

Post by MP95B20 »

The last 15 knives I posted, I posted pics, in order I wanted, but a few hours later they're scrambled up, I fixed em and again this morning they're scrambled again. What's causing em to move around. I'm going to fix em again and take a screen shot , so if they move again , you can see what I am. Any word yet on porting, I know it's been a while since mentioned, thanks Mac
Keep your edge, dull is dull no matter where you find it.
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

8 posts are editing themselves,??? What's going on?

Post by MP95B20 »

Items 40617, 40619. 40620, 40621, 40644, 40645, 40646,40648, and 40649. Since i posted these, some the 6th and some the 7th. I've had to edit them over and over. They look fine, I can ck again, sometimes in a couple of minutes and sometimes in hours, but when I do the pics have changed position. Some wont edit at all. I finally got an error message, but when I tried to back away from it, my entire post was deleted. Technical issues or am I doing something wrong. All pics together do not exceed 2, whatever your using to measure space used,per listings. I'm sending more pics, a couple of items I edited and edited again within mins. Please help me with this issue. Mac
20200108_190617.jpg
20200108_190529.jpg
20200108_190239.jpg
20200108_190153.jpg
20200108_190116.jpg
20200108_190037.jpg
20200108_185957.jpg
20200108_185901.jpg
20200108_185809.jpg
Attachments
20200108_185727.jpg
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

The last 15 or so I posted don't show up in Featured

Post by MP95B20 »

I selected feature this item in last 15 I posted, 1 shows up, none for the other ones I've been adding to featured, over the last 5 months , show up there either. A couple I put into sale items show, most show in catagory listed in, GEC< NORTHWOODS< OR CUSTOM. But not all, about 60%, I have 46 knives posted and can find less than 25. If you would be so kind as to respond, I'd like to know what's going on. It's work taking pics,writing posts and putting them all up, especially when you have to do it over and over again.
kootenay joe

Re: The last 15 or so I posted don't show up in Featured

Post by kootenay joe »

MAC this must be terribly frustrating for you. I sure hope someone here can help solve this for you. Having to post the same pics or whatever over & over again is crazy-making.
best of luck man,
kj
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

Thanks brother, I appreciate it. Its killing me,leaving a taste in my mouth I don't like at all. Mac
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I'm looking into it. Should have a better grasp of what is going on soon. Will try to respond with solution by tomorrow (01-09-20).
Bryan
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

Thanks < Bryan. I've put zero quantity into those 9 or 10 to hold them untill you get it figured out. When i checked some old sales posts, they too are scrambled, thanks again, Mac extremely frustrating for an old man
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Good day, Mac,

I may need a bit of clarification on what you are trying to accomplish with your pictures.

I'm looking at item 40617 ...

AAPK is displaying it as follows...

Your featured (main) picture is the mark side of the knife with blade ~ 1/3 open...
featured-image-1.jpg
Then the remaining pictures are shown in the following order...
remaining-pictures.jpg
remaining-pictures.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 4775 times

Am I correct that you wish for it to display as follows...?

Same featured (main) picture...
featured-image-1.jpg
Then the remaining pictures to be the following group shown in the following order...
new-order.jpg

Please confirm this is correct & we can go from there.

Thanks,
Bryan
Bryan
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

This one is the one that gave me the error. 2 pics are now missing, a pic of the knife on coa and another of blade centered. The coa should be last in each sales post. Thanks again, Bryan, Mac
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Ok. So are you trying to add more than 10 or are you removing two & replacing them with new ones. Can you post the missing pictures here on this thread so that I can work with them?
Bryan
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

I posted 10, I added the ones of blade open, point forward, you can drop one of those,shows gring well, and one of the ones of blade centered or back spring. Two below show where I'd like em placed.
This should be 3rd pic in line, 2 of blade open,partially closed should be 1 &amp;2
This should be 3rd pic in line, 2 of blade open,partially closed should be 1 &2
Attachments
Coa , should be last pic
Coa , should be last pic
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

Where you asked about order I wanted, its perfect there,exactly what I'm looking for. In the pics I sent you can see the ones I want to post as, they'll all have the coa last, I posted a pic before those of what they showed minutes after arranging as I wanted, then another right behind as they should be, when I got your email and pulled them, 4 had moved again. Those are last pics I sent. I sent pics the 7th of all 9 jumping around. Those also scrambled my description, I had 2 paragraphs, one was described knife, other was quote from Bose, it changed the order the 2 paragraphs were in one me everytime it changed the pics. I truly appreciate the help. I just went thru my present posts. 9 have pics scrambled from my initial post, none have description changed. You might want to check a few of those. Mac
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

With our current setup, the only image position that can be changed out without a major work around is the featured (main) image. The rest display in the order of upload with new additions added via edit defaulting to front of the line of non-featured images.

I'm not sure how you are moving them around on the edit page, but the feature to get the secondary images in the order you want after initial image upload is simply not available at this time.

I'm guessing you're clicking the "Make This My Main Image" on multiple pictures to get them to appear where desired on the edit page, but this will not translate to how AAPK orders them when viewed through the store. Only the main image will swap & translate.

I just added the two images to item 40617 to give you 12 with no problems, but they are not in your desired order.

If you can get by for a while with non specific image order on the non-featured images, I can only suggest adding the images you want, removing what you don't want to the problematic listings & living with the default sort order.

If you very much want to get the secondary images in the order you desire, you will likely need to remove all secondary images, then go back & add them again in the order you want.

I will try to make editing ancillary image order easily editable next upgrade cycle.

I hope this makes sense & works out for you. Please confirm if it does or does not & we can move on to next issue.
Bryan
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

I post all from my PC and put them in desired order from the start. The only time I move them by hitting the make my featured image is , just lately on these few, and only after they'd moved. I tried using my phone, but they end up sideways or in different order than I uploaded to post. This is first time I've experienced this issue and have been using same way to post for a year. I'm very routine oriented and once I find a way that works I stick with it. But these are something new. I send pics to PC and post off it every time so I don't experience the issues that appear when I use my phone. Mac
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Wondering if original image upload went wonky on you for some reason on these.

Maybe try this...

Go to your product listings from your dashboard & click the "sell similar" button next to a problem listing. All data should be there except for images. Add the images in your desired order how you normally do & change inventory to > 0...

Submit & see if the pictures are now how you want them. If so, go back & delete the original problem listing & repeat with all that are giving you issues.
Bryan
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

Thanks I'll try that. Any idea why they never showed in featured items or in categories, I used custom/customized, and when that failed I tried gecs, Northwoods, and LionSteels. I got one to show in gecs, but none of the rest showed anywhere. I'll try the relists/ similar items, and hope for the best. Mac
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

MP95B20 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:08 pm Any idea why they never showed in featured items or in categories, I used custom/customized, and when that failed I tried gecs, Northwoods, and LionSteels. I got one to show in gecs, but none of the rest showed anywhere. I'll try the relists/ similar items, and hope for the best. Mac
I'm hoping to get the image issue figured out before getting into this stuff. I think I have some ideas of what happened, but don't want to complicate things by getting too much going on at once.
Bryan
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

No problem, I listed 40695, active with 1 quantity, 40694 with 0 quantity. 40694 changed as soon as I hit submit, 40695 is holding after 3 mins. I afraid to check it again. Let me know what you see. If 95 still good I'll start on the others.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Mac,

Could you do item 40617 as I'm more familiar with the order you're wanting on that one.

Thanks!
Bryan
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

Now 40697, listed as similar, one pic turned sideways, others in order I put them, when I just viewed item
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

I made 40694 live too, its basically same as 97.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

MP95B20 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:08 pm Now 40697, listed as similar, one pic turned sideways, others in order I put them, when I just viewed item
Ok, but they're not in the order you were looking for when I view them (my understanding of your desired order)
as shown below...
& you have one picture added twice
new-order.jpg
Did you load them different than ordered in pic above or are we still at square 1?
Bryan
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

That's how I ordered them, but 1st pic wasn't blank.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Is this item ordered how you intended...?

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... -3-45-clsd
Bryan
MP95B20
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by MP95B20 »

Yes

Return to “Report Member Store Bugs”