Listing problems with item descriptions on Ipad

This is the place to report problems with your store. If you run into a bug, glitch, or error, please post it so that we can know there is a problem to fix.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Listing problems with item descriptions on Ipad

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I did the latest update from Apple 15.3.1 last week on my IPad Pro 12.9 5th generation and have not been able to type use my keyboard on the item description when listing a new knife for sale. It is only a problem on this site. I just got a replacement keyboard, it was still under warranty, and the problem persists. I called Apple earlier this week and they haven’t had any reports of problems like this and they sent me a new keyboard to see if this remedies the problem, it didn’t. So now I am thinking it’s an AAPK issue.
Here is the problem: When I go to type the description, the space button doesn’t work and for some goofy reason it will move the next word I type to the front of the sentence, thus “this is a Case knife” becomes, “knifeCaseaisthis”. Each word is moved to the front when I hit the space bar.
The only way I have been able to list knives is by typing the description in a note and copying and pasting it to the description. However, if I need to edit my description, I encounter the same problem with making changes.
I am using my keyboard to type this post and have no problems doing so. It’s only on the item description, not on the Title, item price or on shipping information. Can anyone help?
I know it’s not the keyboard and it’s not the Ipad. When I use the pop up keyboard, I have no problems. Anyone able to suggest a remedy?
Thanks.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Listing problems with item descriptions on Ipad

Post by Shearer »

If you are using a wireless keyboard you could have a problem.
The first wireless keyboard I owned I had big problems so I went back to a wired keyboard.
I just purchased a new desk top computer and it came with a wireless key board.
Now when I type a email address the @ letter come out " . I press " and I get @.
To me it look like the communication using a wireless keyboard seems to send the wrong message.
I think its a software problem.
I could be wrong !
I has happened before.

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Grant, but this keyboard isn’t considered wireless. It’s connected by magnets to the IPad. Apple support asked me that question a few days ago and it isn’t considered wireless in that it doesn’t use Bluetooth.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:52 pmAnyone able to suggest a remedy?
Mark - have you checked your accessibility settings for keyboard, full keyboard access, etc. There's a place where the space bar can get set to do special things, maybe turn that off if it's on ::shrug::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

bestgear wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:16 pm
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:52 pmAnyone able to suggest a remedy?
Mark - have you checked your accessibility settings for keyboard, full keyboard access, etc. There's a place where the space bar can get set to do special things, maybe turn that off if it's on ::shrug::
I’ve tried everything on the IPad in settings that even remotely has to do with the keyboard, changed this, changed that, then back to were it was. Tested each setting differently, and still nothing. Thanks Tom.
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Tim
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:33 pmThanks Tom
sounds like drivers associated with the latest update from Apple 15.3.1 is the culprit ... I'd look for a driver from either the keyboard manufacturer or apple ... (or wait for one).

How "new to the market" is this keyboard?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

The keyboard came directly from Apple and I got one just like it back in August when I got my new IPad, so it’s been out there awhile. I haven’t had an issue until the last IOS update, that’s when it all started. If this were some other manufacturer of the keyboard I could blame that but this is made by Apple.

Beavertail, that isn’t the issue I’m having. This is not a mix up in keys or a keyboard setting. I checked that first. And it’s only an issue here on AAPK and nowhere else. And it’s only on the description part of a listing and nowhere else. It’s odd that this is the only place it’s going on.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Mark,

I'll see if I can find something that can be done on AAPK's end. The fact that it's only happening on the description field leads me to think the iPad & the software incorporated in that particular AAPK form is not playing nice with each other.

Will try to post findings tomorrow.
Bryan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Bryan. I appreciate it.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:07 am Thanks Bryan. I appreciate it.
My pleasure. Could you try again at your convenience & report back whether or not you're still having issues?

Thanks,
Bryan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Bryan wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:14 pm
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:07 am Thanks Bryan. I appreciate it.
My pleasure. Could you try again at your convenience & report back whether or not you're still having issues?

Thanks,
Bryan
Whatever you did made it work properly now. Thank you. I very much appreciate it. It was slowing me way down having to work around that.

Return to “Report Member Store Bugs”