PayPal option not working on my store

This is the place to report problems with your store. If you run into a bug, glitch, or error, please post it so that we can know there is a problem to fix.
seminole slim

PayPal option not working on my store

Post by seminole slim »

A customer reports that the PayPal option didn't work when he tried to buy a knife from my store this week. PayPal was working as recently as Saturday and is the only payment method I've ever authorized. Has anyone else reported this problem? Is a solution on the horizon?
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: PayPal option not working on my store

Post by Bryan »

Hi seminole slim,

Was there just one incident that was reported or have you had multiple reports. I just tested your PayPal checkout & it seems to be working fine right now.

Do you know what item the buyer was trying to purchase? There is a possibility it could be item specific, but I'd need to know which knife was involved to investigate that further ::tu::
Bryan
seminole slim

Post by seminole slim »

Many thanks for responding. The specific item was # 66255 Case XX U.S.A. 6254 7 dots red bone. Also, only one report of PayPal not working.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

I'm having no problems with PayPal checkout for that item at this time. Do you know if your customer has attempted the purchase more that once? If he is still having issues, you might ask if he is getting any error messages. It could be an address entered that PayPal is not recognizing or something similar blocking the transaction. Something like that should throw an alert message.
Bryan
seminole slim

Post by seminole slim »

Just the one item. He said he was only getting a credit card option, which I've never authorized. Said he circled back and tried again later that day, Tuesday or Wednesday, I think.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Sounds like this is happening on PayPal's platform. When a buyer pays with PayPal through AAPK, they end up being forwarded to PayPal's site along with the information necessary to pay the correct amount to the correct account.

Once the payment is complete, PayPal sends back information that AAPK uses to record the sale, create invoice, email sale notifications, etc.

PayPal offers the purchaser an option to pay with funds in their PayPal account or with funds from other sources like credit card.

As the recipient of the funds, you have no insight into the buyers selected source of payment that I'm aware of. PayPal assumes the risk if credit card is used, so that's just a convenience for buyer.

If your customer is seeing a credit card form, they are certainly on PayPal's platform. If they made it that far, the transaction is most certainly failing there.

The buyer should be getting an error message though, which should explain the problem.

If your customer would like assistance from me in figuring out what might be happening, feel free to send them my email address bryan@allaboutpocketknives.com
Bryan
seminole slim

Post by seminole slim »

Many thanks, Bryan. I'll pass that along.

Return to “Report Member Store Bugs”