Toledo Pocket Knife Company?

William H. Maher and Emil Grosh started the Maher & Grosh Wholesale Cutlery Co. in 1877 with a goal to sell high quality US manufactured cutlery globally. The original business dissolved in 1988, but the brand has since been resurrected.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Toledo Pocket Knife Company?

Post by knifeaholic »

This was an Ebay auction for some paper items related to the Toledo Pocket Knife Company. I bid on it but did not win.

I had never heard of this firm. Posting in this forum because I thought maybe there was a Maher & Grosh connection?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1886-Letterhea ... 7675.l2557
Attachments
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Toledo Pocket Knife Company?

Post by knifeaholic »

More images from the auction.
Attachments
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Cool stuff Steve. ::nod::
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

I bought them.I also have never heard of them.The items are in amazing condition for the age.They have the look of a Maher & Grosh ad,blades open,descriptions etc.Same style of return envelope.The bottom of the note has a perforated rear off order form.I sent pictures to Mark Zelesky,and he had no knowledge of the TPKC.Another thing,the items are much smaller than you see today. ::shrug::
Roger

Return to “Maher and Grosh”