New 2020 Maher & Grosh.

William H. Maher and Emil Grosh started the Maher & Grosh Wholesale Cutlery Co. in 1877 with a goal to sell high quality US manufactured cutlery globally. The original business dissolved in 1988, but the brand has since been resurrected.
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: New 2020 Maher & Grosh.

Post by robbobus »

Those ended up going quick. I just checked out before you posted that and there were four at that time. Great Eastern does outstanding jigging for Maher and Frosh. Beautiful knives Roger, can't wait.
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Just got one of the Cocobolos. The jigged bone and Ebony were sold out and there was 1 Cocobolo left after I purchased one. Thanks a lot Roger ::tu::
Lloyd
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kennedy knives wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:30 am
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:29 am I am giving folks a chance to get theirs before I buy some doubles of these knives. I really think these will be great to put back for years in the future.
Better hurry.
Mark I don't think I would wait to long the bone is already sold out :D :D :D
Thanks Gary, I wanted to give others a good chance to get one. Glad these went quickly for Roger.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

What is baffling to myself is that there remains unsold 2 blade 15 pattern M&G,'s These were the finest 15 jacks made in the last run. Quite possibly ever. Exquisite jigging on the bone. All it will take for them to be gone is for one of the, ahem, "influencial" knife connoisseurs on Facebook to get one and rave about it and they gone. I fully realize some don't like the bail and chain, but the 15 is the quintessential GEC and very rairly done at the Northfield trim level as the Maher and Grosh's are.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

robbobus wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:27 pm What is baffling to myself is that there remains unsold 2 blade 15 pattern M&G,'s These were the finest 15 jacks made in the last run. Quite possibly ever. Exquisite jigging on the bone. All it will take for them to be gone is for one of the, ahem, "influencial" knife connoisseurs on Facebook to get one and rave about it and they gone. I fully realize some don't like the bail and chain, but the 15 is the quintessential GEC and very rairly done at the Northfield trim level as the Maher and Grosh's are.
Robbobus, agree with you on the 15, just ordered one with the pick bone. I especially like the boys knives ,and have been researching them a bit this year.
Hope everyone that can get one really enjoys them, and thanks to all who posted here. Hope the fellas at Maher & Grosh do well and keep em coming.
JP
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

On the M&G website: https://maherandgrosh.com/products
It appears that all the M&G 2020 120s are sold out in record time.
Congratulations to Roger and Ken for their continuation of a very historic knife Company. ::handshake::
Now, what awaits us in 2021. ::hmm::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Thanks everyone for your support. The knives sold out very quickly. Our best seller so far by a long ways.I hope all of you are patient has we have many,many packages to go out.And with 2 old men doing the packing it ain't a sprint,but a marathon.Again thanks and enjoy the knives! ::handshake::
Roger
wingerac
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by wingerac »

Well done Roger and Ken (and GEC). I've been champing at the bit for these for several months and they look like they'll exceed my expectations. I hope you're able to continue these SFOs in the years to come - there's something special about the link to the historical knives they emulate that I don't think I've seen anywhere else.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

wingerac wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:56 pm Well done Roger and Ken (and GEC). I've been champing at the bit for these for several months and they look like they'll exceed my expectations. I hope you're able to continue these SFOs in the years to come - there's something special about the link to the historical knives they emulate that I don't think I've seen anywhere else.
Thank you very much! ::handshake::
Roger
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I made my first Maher & Grosh purchase . I bought the wavy Antique Yellow pick jigged bone and smooth appaloosa bone #35. Those shields are awesome. I spotted a "Heads up" on BladeForums. I dashed straight to the M&G web-sight . All four choices were available. I just bought a B&S Ebony wood #35 , so I passed on the Ebony-wood M&G #35. I love Cocobolo , but I receive darker ones every time. So I passed on that one too. I was hoping for "Honey" bone. Why do they called this knife an "INDIAN TRAPPER" and have "THE TRAPPER" etching on the blade ? M&G could of corrected the 1920s bad taste etching and make the knife sexier/cooler with "INDIAN TRAPPER" etching. I could care less about the over priced Maher & Grosh name. I am receiving my first two wonderful GEC#35 knives without a comb. I am sick of too many yellow/brown bone knives in my collection. That wavy jigging sells me every time. That wavy jigging feels so wonderful rubbing my left thumb over it. Without that jigging , I would of bought the cocobolo #35 M&G. These two M&G #35 knives will get serious pocket time. I am saving for the GEC#74 run. I am hoping for GEC#74 Mustang & #74 saddle Trapper two blades , coming up next. I am proud of M&G selling out so fast. This is a wonderful thing. "GEC KNIFE COLLECTING IS WAR !"
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

After a busy weekend i just got to the M&G website now and all of the just released "Indian Trappers" have been sold. But thanks to Rob extolling the virtues of the "Toledo Blade" Boy's knife i bought one of these with lovely cocobolo handles. I think i will like it every bit as much. Hardwood makes some of the most attractive handles for a folding knife, warm inviting you to hold it. And if dropped onto a hard surface they rarely crack so in addition to beauty they are durable, sensible handles.
I am very much looking forward to getting it in hand but no need to rush the shipping. My shipping address is Northoort WA. and my home in B.C. Canada and the intervening Border is Covid closed until who knows when.
kj
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Thanks Roland,it won't ship for a couple days.We won't get done packing the new run until tomorrow.
Roger
Trouts

Post by Trouts »

Mine arrived today and it's a keeper. Not sure I would call it appalossa bone, more like antique smooth white bone. No worries as it will darken as it's carried. Everything else is spot on and thanks again to M&G for another great pattern run.
Attachments
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200916140532596.jpg
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I got my knives today.
What beautiful knives!
So well made and as smooth as cream.
Thank you, Ken and Roger.
Attachments
DSCN4550.JPG
DSCN4551.JPG
DSCN4559.JPG
DSCN4562.JPG
DSCN4571.JPG
DSCN4573.JPG
Joe
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Trouts wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 pm Mine arrived today and it's a keeper. Not sure I would call it appalossa bone, more like antique smooth white bone. No worries as it will darken as it's carried. Everything else is spot on and thanks again to M&G for another great pattern run.
You have scored a good one there. ::tu:: ::nod::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

FRJ wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:20 pm I got my knives today.
What beautiful knives!
So well made and as smooth as cream.
Thank you, Ken and Roger.
I like the smooth as cream analogy. :lol: ::tu:: They just look like good quality knives, enjoy it, i'm regretting now, i had the chance but wouldn't pull the trigger. ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang::
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thank you, sir.
Joe
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Roger & Kens Postal Stork delivered my Quadruplets today. ::groove::
Beautiful Rattail M&G 120 Trappers.
Thank you Roger and Ken.

IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Old Folder wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:09 am Roger & Kens Postal Stork delivered my Quadruplets today. ::groove::
Beautiful Rattail M&G 120 Trappers.
Thank you Roger and Ken.

IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0006.JPG
::groove:: ::groove:: ::groove:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Thanks guys for the kind words. Glad me like them. ::handshake::
Roger
mightyzaa3

Post by mightyzaa3 »

got my first two. stunning. waiting on the two wood ones. no ship notice as of yet. getting antsy. wanna get all four before i pick my edc. need strength
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Beautiful knives, GEC always seems to do an excellent job on the Maher&Grosh knives. Great job Roger, Ken and GEC.
Attachments
IMG_2577.jpeg
IMG_2583.jpeg
IMG_2588.jpeg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Wow what a thread. Great scores all of ya. Got skunked and was a day late myself, but did manage to get in on 35s in one sense. A B&S came in Micarta with everything as it should be. Sweet knife and all but not really me if anyone around here is interested and didn't get one, here's your chance. Just looking to trade or something for one of the Trappers. PM me if you're interested and enjoy all the beauties posted. Sweet ones.
Attachments
thumbnail_20200917_120143.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

peanut740 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:31 pm Thanks guys for the kind words. Glad me like them. ::handshake::
Mate, you deserve the accolades, they are excellent. ::handshake::
mightyzaa3

Post by mightyzaa3 »

still no shipping notice and i can not wait. yellow pick bone just peeled an apple. can't be a safe queen now. like a darn 58 year old kid. it is a beaut.

Return to “Maher and Grosh”