New 2020 Maher & Grosh.

William H. Maher and Emil Grosh started the Maher & Grosh Wholesale Cutlery Co. in 1877 with a goal to sell high quality US manufactured cutlery globally. The original business dissolved in 1988, but the brand has since been resurrected.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New 2020 Maher & Grosh.

Post by peanut740 »

You may want to check again. Ken got done today with the tracking notices and the last knives shipped yesterday except 1.
Roger
mightyzaa3

Post by mightyzaa3 »

dang, just checked email and spam. nothing. what to do now is the ???
mightyzaa3

Post by mightyzaa3 »

paypal shows it paid. ordered the two wood ones after the bone ones. got the two bone ones. credit card shows purchase. dang again
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:12 pm Wow what a thread. Great scores all of ya. Got skunked and was a day late myself, but did manage to get in on 35s in one sense. A B&S came in Micarta with everything as it should be. Sweet knife and all but not really me if anyone around here is interested and didn't get one, here's your chance. Just looking to trade or something for one of the Trappers. PM me if you're interested and enjoy all the beauties posted. Sweet ones.
Sent PM but don't think it sent
Gary
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

kennedy knives wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:18 pm
Ivoryman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:12 pm Wow what a thread. Great scores all of ya. Got skunked and was a day late myself, but did manage to get in on 35s in one sense. A B&S came in Micarta with everything as it should be. Sweet knife and all but not really me if anyone around here is interested and didn't get one, here's your chance. Just looking to trade or something for one of the Trappers. PM me if you're interested and enjoy all the beauties posted. Sweet ones.
Gary
I just got a PM notice from you and then when I tried to open the message and read it, a message said I'm not authorized to read this. Go figure. I've had PMs before, no problem. Every once in a while I get this. Keep trying and one of us will get through.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:03 pm
kennedy knives wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:18 pm
Gary
I just got a PM notice from you and then when I tried to open the message and read it, a message said I'm not authorized to read this. Go figure. I've had PMs before, no problem. Every once in a while I get this. Keep trying and one of us will get through.
I sent you and email maybe you will get it Gary
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Roger sorry ::sotb:: to hijack the forum on a knife trade ::handshake::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Got your email, sent one back, let me know if you don't get it pretty soon. Thanks.

My apologies as well, didn't mean to do this and wouldn't if the PM worked. Sorry for interruption.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Ivoryman I'm not sure what's up with your private messages but it's possible you've exceeded the storage limit for your account. If so, you'll need to delete some of the old messages in order for the new ones to become available for viewing.............of course this is all based on my own speculation and may not help at all.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

philco wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:22 am Ivoryman I'm not sure what's up with your private messages but it's possible you've exceeded the storage limit for your account. If so, you'll need to delete some of the old messages in order for the new ones to become available for viewing.............of course this is all based on my own speculation and may not help at all.
Phil I had to delete some of mine a while back had the same problem . I was wondering why my sent PM's aren't getting sent sorry to this on here. . ::dang::
Gary
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

philco wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:22 am Ivoryman I'm not sure what's up with your private messages but it's possible you've exceeded the storage limit for your account. If so, you'll need to delete some of the old messages in order for the new ones to become available for viewing.............of course this is all based on my own speculation and may not help at all.
Thanks for mentioning that. I will go delete some. Appreciate the help and thanks again for the tip. Good to know.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Like a charm Philco, thanks a ton, worked out and they are in the inbox now. Thanks again big time. Hijacking again but had to do it. Many thanks.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I haven’t been collecting GEC knives for very long, about 3 1/2 years. I must say these Maher and Grosh 35’s are hands down my favorites of all the ones I have. I haven’t been all that excited about some of the patterns but this one is great. As usual the fit and finish and the appearance is as good as the Northwoods and the Waynorth knives. Very fine knives, well done Roger.
Enjoy the pics.
Attachments
IMG_4083.jpeg
IMG_4082.jpeg
IMG_4084.jpeg
IMG_4085.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Mark ::tu::
Roger
SteveC
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by SteveC »

Received this one the other day, very pleased with it !
Attachments
20200918_150427 (2).jpg
mightyzaa3

Post by mightyzaa3 »

all are beautiful, i must admit. not sure if there is a GEC made that compares. for some reason my antique yellow trapper just feels right, and looks right. and there is a strange feeling like i may never need another pocketknife ever. like i could be content to carry this knife in my pocket until my dying day. kind of scary that i only had to buy 400+ knifes to find the right one. funny thing is, i wasn't even looking for the right one. amazing, truly amazing.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I thought you guys might appreciate the correspondence I had with Mr. M&G, Roger via Facebook. ::woot::

Fri 3:41 PM
Phil
a day ago
My four new M&G knives arrived today. I want a 50% refund. Two of the knives had fingerprints on the bolsters, one had a smudge on the shield, and the fourth one is ok but not as pretty as I expected. Do you need my mailing address ?

Roger
sent
a day ago
I will forward your request to the complaint department.

I have not heard back. :lol:
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ::tu::
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

philco wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:38 pm I thought you guys might appreciate the correspondence I had with Mr. M&G, Roger via Facebook. ::woot::

Fri 3:41 PM
Phil
a day ago
My four new M&G knives arrived today. I want a 50% refund. Two of the knives had fingerprints on the bolsters, one had a smudge on the shield, and the fourth one is ok but not as pretty as I expected. Do you need my mailing address ?

Roger
sent
a day ago
I will forward your request to the complaint department.

I have not heard back. :lol:
Phil you get no respect ::dang:: from Roger what's up with that :D

No kidding their new M&G hit a home Run much better than the GEC 35 Beer & Sausage ::ds::
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Just got home last evening and had received my New M&G knives from Ken and Roger!

Very nice knives, and I am very happy to add these to the M&G pile. I do not carry these, they are cabinet Queens, on display and glad to have been able to capture one of everything that Roger and Ken have had produced thus far. At least all of the ones that I was made aware of. I will continue to purchase all of their offering, as long as I am able.

Thank you again Roger & Ken!

Tom
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Thank you Tom! ::handshake::
Roger
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

mightyzaa3 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:35 pm all are beautiful, i must admit. not sure if there is a GEC made that compares. for some reason my antique yellow trapper just feels right, and looks right. and there is a strange feeling like i may never need another pocketknife ever. like i could be content to carry this knife in my pocket until my dying day. kind of scary that i only had to buy 400+ knifes to find the right one. funny thing is, i wasn't even looking for the right one. amazing, truly amazing.
Not sure I get what you mean when you say you're, "not sure if there is a GEC made that compares." GEC made all these M&G, and Northwoods, and Waynorth etc.
mightyzaa3

Post by mightyzaa3 »

GEC is number one in the U.S.A. when it comes to traditional. Bill Howard is a genius at his knife making skills and his vision of what he wants to accomplish. True, they have made most of the M&G's, but not all. And the new trapper for M&G has never been made in a standard production run. That falls squarely on two more visionaries, Roger and Ken. They took an old pattern and made it to perfection. They recreated the past and brought it to life with Bill's ingenuity. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this Trapper ticks all my boxes. I doubt you will see this configuration ever again. I've bought roughly 300 or so GEC knives, and this falls in the top three I have owned as far what is perfect for me. All I meant is, it will take one hell of a knife to better this one. For me that is. This knife is a step above to me. In both function and looks. Is this my Holy Grail? Good chance. Thanks to Bill, Roger and Ken.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

mightyzaa3 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:02 pm GEC is number one in the U.S.A. when it comes to traditional. Bill Howard is a genius at his knife making skills and his vision of what he wants to accomplish. True, they have made most of the M&G's, but not all. And the new trapper for M&G has never been made in a standard production run. That falls squarely on two more visionaries, Roger and Ken. They took an old pattern and made it to perfection. They recreated the past and brought it to life with Bill's ingenuity. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this Trapper ticks all my boxes. I doubt you will see this configuration ever again. I've bought roughly 300 or so GEC knives, and this falls in the top three I have owned as far what is perfect for me. All I meant is, it will take one hell of a knife to better this one. For me that is. This knife is a step above to me. In both function and looks. Is this my Holy Grail? Good chance. Thanks to Bill, Roger and Ken.
Thank you,we try!
Roger
mightyzaa3

Post by mightyzaa3 »

No Rodger, you and Ken succeeded. You two had an idea and the desire to revive a piece of history. A piece of history that had to have meant something to the both of you. And being from Ohio. it makes it a little more special to me. History recreated is what has set your knives apart from all the others. Job well done.

Return to “Maher and Grosh”