Is this a Marble's Campcraft?

Webster Marble formed Gladstone Mfg. Co. in 1892. That company created the first folding Axe in 1893 which lead to the incorporation of Marble's Safety Axe Co. in 1898. The company became Marble Arms & Mfg. Co. in 1911 & enjoyed years of success until succumbing to a shut down of production in 1974. The brand was brought back to life in 1994 & enjoyed a grand rejuvenation that later gave way to another shutdown in 2009. Many great knives & tools were crafted over the company's storied history.
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Is this a Marble's Campcraft?

Post by Kolvir »

I have the knife that I'd like help verifying its model please.

The box says 72472010 Marble's Campcraft. Also a limited edition sticker on the box. New with box and sheath, though the sheath has some marks by the snap, I don't know if it is some kind of stain or part of the natural leather.

4" blade and about 8" overall. I'm asking because I want to sell it and I'm not positive that the box matches the knife and don't want to misrepresent it. Most of the Campcrafts I've seen photos of are different and I know nothing about Marble's knives.
marbles.JPG
marbles1.JPG
marbles3.JPG
marbles4.JPG
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Is this a Marble's Campcraft?

Post by stagman »

It is indeed a Campcraft, but a bit different blade pattern than the one made 1999-2001
yours is the last version of the old Sport knife changed a bit and renamed.
it also has the lower case stamp from the 1960's...
yours was made in 1998-99 from old blades found at the factory when the Craig Lauerman
and Mike Stewart first started making Marble's knives again, thus the gold sticker

Stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Is this a Marble's Campcraft?

Post by Kolvir »

Thank you, that helps a lot.

What is a fair price, if that isn't considered impolite to ask on this site.

Return to “Marble's Knife Collector's Forum”