knife,kabar,whittler pattern

Webster Marble formed Gladstone Mfg. Co. in 1892. That company created the first folding Axe in 1893 which lead to the incorporation of Marble's Safety Axe Co. in 1898. The company became Marble Arms & Mfg. Co. in 1911 & enjoyed years of success until succumbing to a shut down of production in 1974. The brand was brought back to life in 1994 & enjoyed a grand rejuvenation that later gave way to another shutdown in 2009. Many great knives & tools were crafted over the company's storied history.
richard bissell

knife,kabar,whittler pattern

Post by richard bissell »

re: discussion about these knives; I have a United Cutlery whittler pattern sunfish w/ ?white bone? scales which appears identicle to the Kabars...
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: knife,kabar,whittler pattern

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

richard bissell wrote:re: discussion about these knives; I have a United Cutlery whittler pattern sunfish w/ ?white bone? scales which appears identicle to the Kabars...
I am sure that I am one of many people who is wondering what this post is in reference to and why is it in the Marbles Forum?
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Gunsil

Re: knife,kabar,whittler pattern

Post by Gunsil »

Kabar did not make sunfish whittlers, the ones you see were made for their collector's club by Queen.

Return to “Marble's Knife Collector's Forum”