marbles

Webster Marble formed Gladstone Mfg. Co. in 1892. That company created the first folding Axe in 1893 which lead to the incorporation of Marble's Safety Axe Co. in 1898. The company became Marble Arms & Mfg. Co. in 1911 & enjoyed years of success until succumbing to a shut down of production in 1974. The brand was brought back to life in 1994 & enjoyed a grand rejuvenation that later gave way to another shutdown in 2009. Many great knives & tools were crafted over the company's storied history.
RLP

marbles

Post by RLP »

In 2 months I will be putting up for sale a display collection of Marbles knives that will include a 1899 W.L. Marble manufactured knife, the 88th safety axe made in 1888, a Marbles Haines model knife, A 5 inch nickel silver spacer ideal, an early stag handle trail maker and a 4and1/4 inch folder and an early stag handle woodcraft, It may also include a canoe knife but that is a pending sale right now. If you are interested let me know.
Beavertail

Re: marbles

Post by Beavertail »

Would you show some photos?
Tim
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Photos would be nice, interest would likely depend on condition which needs to be seen to be appreciated.
RLP

Post by RLP »

I'll be getting pics up when I get back to Florida where the display is. I'm in Texas right now and wish I wasn't lol
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

RLP wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:30 am In 2 months I will be putting up for sale a display collection of Marbles knives that will include a 1899 W.L. Marble manufactured knife, the 88th safety axe made in 1888, a Marbles Haines model knife, A 5 inch nickel silver spacer ideal, an early stag handle trail maker and a 4and1/4 inch folder and an early stag handle woodcraft, It may also include a canoe knife but that is a pending sale right now. If you are interested let me know.

Did this sale ever happen?

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Marble's Knife Collector's Forum”