Northwoods Users

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Northwoods Users

Post by Buckibbq »

I see an overwhelming majority of Northwoods knives that are posted in forums and on social media platforms that are safe queens. With the value of these pieces still climbing, I tend to keep most of mine pristine as well. But, I love the opportunity to acquire a gently broken in piece to add to my rotation. I’m always looking to add users and currently have a Fremont and Broadway in my EDC drawer. Let’s see your Northwoods that you put to good use!
68099EE4-15AB-4640-ABCC-59962730DA7D.jpeg
78CED03A-721B-4A47-88BD-CBC2A056F15D.jpeg
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
Ivoryman

Re: Northwoods Users

Post by Ivoryman »

WP_20190507_111.jpg
WP_20181029_031.jpg
WP_20181029_038.jpg
WP_20181113_103.jpg
WP_20181113_133.jpg
thumbnail_20200128_151247.jpg
Attachments
thumbnail_20200125_134325.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

A superb collection, Iman. Each one is a beauty.
robpa

Post by robpa »

Mine so far are for lookin at; Im always lookin for a used GEC for carry and missed one at an Amish swap shop for 30 bucks, a whittler too. My buddy didnt miss it and it is in super condition, its his now.
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

Thanks for posting those users, I-man! All great knives to put to work. Love the Bear Lake…that was my first Northwoods acquisition and it’s been all up hill since! I need to find a BL user now…
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Heritage Jack, frosted mini wheats micarta, and an old Robeson, both users.
Attachments
thumbnail_20230128_153230.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

This Northwoods Norfolk in purple camel bone is seeing a lot of pocket time this summer. It’s variety of blades and compact size make it an ideal shorts carry and it tackles most tasks that I have these days.
IMG_7022.jpeg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

A sweet Northwoods, with the blade stamped as such, is one of my grail knives. One day . . .
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Buckibbq, you have a might fine looking Northwoods.
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

1967redrider wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:09 pm A sweet Northwoods, with the blade stamped as such, is one of my grail knives. One day . . .
I’d recommend every collector having at least one that suits them. They are built to use and they look good too.
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

Quick Steel wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:30 pm Buckibbq, you have a might fine looking Northwoods.
Thank you sir…much appreciated. I’ve got others to share after I get some good pics. Just not enough hours in the day!

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”