Northwood Jacks

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Northwood Jacks

Post by robbobus »

This one in my pocket this morning. Dave Shirley era straight jack. It's a 2nd for some reason. Wonderful stag, fit, finish, walk, talk. I payed $40 on the bay for it a long time ago. I'd love more good buys like that. ::super_happy::
MVIMG_20180721_115146.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Rob, another great looking knife ! Do you collect only GEC & Northwoods ? or do you have great stag knives from other manufacturers as well ?
kj
robbobus
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by robbobus »

I have to think about that. These days I'm all in on GEC and Northwoods, focussing on stag. I have a decent amount of proper Hen & Roosters, some Queen and Bluegrass Winchesters, a few Case and then just randoms. Some of the early 90s Winchesters are very similar to a good GEC due to company structures of the era.

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”