Northwoods Gladiator

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
Steve Warden

Re: Northwoods Gladiator

Post by Steve Warden »

RalphAlsip wrote:
Steve Warden wrote:Beautiful knives, to be sure, but I'm on the fence about the Scagel pull ::hmm::
I agree the look of the Scagel pull is an acquired taste for most folks (including me) because it is unconventional. However, from a functional perspective for opening the blades it is a fantastic solution. These knives have a robust blade pull that would be hard open with a traditional nail nick. Half-stop is also very robust. I am super careful anytime mess around with one of these due to the strength of the springs and the sharpness of the blades.
It looks like the clip has enough clearance for a pinch pull. The spear looks like you need to get a thumbnail in there.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”