Finally got me one

The Northwoods Knife brand name originated in Gladstone, Michigan when a man named Dave Shirley adopted it as his knife company's name in 2004. Dave was well known for collaborating with popular knife companies to have knives made to his specifications for resale well before 2004 & beyond. KnivesShipFree bought Northwoods from Dave & has continued to team up with respected makers to produce knives marked with the Northwoods brand name.
outkast

Finally got me one

Post by outkast »

Horn ~ Indian River Jack
Northwoods Indian River Jack Horn - 1.jpg
Northwoods Indian River Jack Horn - 2.jpg
Northwoods Indian River Jack Horn - 3.jpg
Northwoods Indian River Jack Horn - 4.jpg
Northwoods Indian River Jack Horn - 5.jpg
XX Case XX

Re: Finally got me one

Post by XX Case XX »

That's really nice. I like the horn handles, they add a very rugged look to that design. I do have a question though. Why is there a green-ish color on the front handles but not the back?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
outkast

Post by outkast »

XX Case XX wrote:That's really nice. I like the horn handles, they add a very rugged look to that design. I do have a question though. Why is there a green-ish color on the front handles but not the back?

It appears to be polish/buffing compound, the guy I got it from said it's the 2nd time he's had the knife. Was like that when he sold it and when he bought it back. So I left it that way also, as it really does make the detail of the horn stand out more.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I definitely like those bone handles. ::tu:: ::tu::
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

outkast wrote: So I left it that way also, as it really does make the detail of the horn stand out more.
Yes, I agree. I like the look of that green. I'm sure some "purists" would rather have the look of the horn by itself without the green, and I can certainly understand that, but for me, I like that green.

Very nice knife you have. It seems to have both a rugged, and elegant appearance to it. Well done Sir. ::nod:: ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

That is some absolutely gorgeous horn on that knife. Congratulations. You done good.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Northwoods Knife Collector's Forum”