Razor hone ?

A place to share, learn, & show off sharpening tips, tricks, techniques, & tools for sharpening edges of all kinds.
cbnutt

Razor hone ?

Post by cbnutt »

Seen alot of these around ebay , flea markets , etc . smooth as glass , would they be good to finish up a pocket knife ? Would you pull away like when stroping on leather , or push foward like when sharpening on a stone ? Thanks :)
Shoot low sheriff, he's ridin a Shetland.....
Steve Warden

Re: Razor hone ?

Post by Steve Warden »

I have one for my straight razors. I'd use it the same for a pocket knife - push forward.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Maddogfl

Post by Maddogfl »

I used mine ten minutes ago as the final sharpening phase of a knife I was sharpening. It is an antique, like me, but it still does the job.
Attachments
DSCN2560.JPG
elmerbacon

Post by elmerbacon »

cbnutt wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:39 pm geometry dash scratch
Seen alot of these around ebay , flea markets , etc . smooth as glass , would they be good to finish up a pocket knife ? Would you pull away like when stroping on leather , or push foward like when sharpening on a stone ? Thanks :)
I often apply a fine abrasive compound or polishing compound to the glass. This will aid in the sharpening and polishing process. Then, with the blade held at a consistent angle, I lightly draw the knife across the glass surface, exerting minimal pressure. I repeat this process several times, alternating sides, until I achieve the desired sharpness and polish. :D

Return to “Sharpening Forum”