I'm asking Santa for this !!!

A place to share, learn, & show off sharpening tips, tricks, techniques, & tools for sharpening edges of all kinds.
JonTerry

I'm asking Santa for this !!!

Post by JonTerry »

We have spoke before about the Worksharp Precision Adjust, mixed views, but I love mine, and the Mrs bought me the elite add on's for Christmas, which I use all the time, the added 220 Grit is great for stock removal when I am making new knives and don't want to risk the Grinder to make the angle.

The finer grits and strop are brilliant for a mirror finish, and it's very easy to use,.

Now in past threads we have all put our penny's worth of improvement that thery could do, and this has definately been the Zeiteist Globally, well Worksharp have listened and the new Precission Adjust Professional has come up trumps by the looks of it, and I will definately be getting, now I'm niot sure if I can wait till Xmas for this but be sure that it will be in kit by next year.

It's a bit pricy at $300 but looks like it will be a lifetime tool, where as I feel the existing model will at some point break, being made of plastic.

To be honest I'm not sure if it will give a better result, but from the looks of it, it will be a much more nicer process getting that hair popping edge.

Heres a link
See whatcha Fink................JT

https://gearjunkie.com/knives/work-shar ... ner-review
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
cudgee

Re: I'm asking Santa for this !!!

Post by cudgee »

JonTerry wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:41 pm We have spoke before about the Worksharp Precision Adjust, mixed views, but I love mine, and the Mrs bought me the elite add on's for Christmas, which I use all the time, the added 220 Grit is great for stock removal when I am making new knives and don't want to risk the Grinder to make the angle.

The finer grits and strop are brilliant for a mirror finish, and it's very easy to use,.

Now in past threads we have all put our penny's worth of improvement that thery could do, and this has definately been the Zeiteist Globally, well Worksharp have listened and the new Precission Adjust Professional has come up trumps by the looks of it, and I will definately be getting, now I'm niot sure if I can wait till Xmas for this but be sure that it will be in kit by next year.

It's a bit pricy at $300 but looks like it will be a lifetime tool, where as I feel the existing model will at some point break, being made of plastic.

To be honest I'm not sure if it will give a better result, but from the looks of it, it will be a much more nicer process getting that hair popping edge.

Heres a link
See whatcha Fink................JT

https://gearjunkie.com/knives/work-shar ... ner-review
They are great looking sharpeners with great reviews. I would be hanging back on purchasing though till some brings out a stone holder adapter so you can use most production stones with it. It is a matter of when not if, but i would still want to see what is produced.

They sell out as soon as they are in stock. So you may have to wait till you can get one anyway.

Return to “Sharpening Forum”