What did I buy??

Winchester entered the knife market as a manufacturer in 1919 by acquiring two existing knife companies; Eagle Knife Co. of Connecticut & Napanoch Knife Co. of New York. Winchester stepped away from the market in 1942 to focus on war related manufactured products, but re-entered in the late 1980s by licensing its name to Blue Grass Cutlery. Blue Grass had high quality knives made by Queen Cutlery that featured the Winchester brand name for a handful of years until the license arrangement ran its course. Winchester eventually started licensing to other companies & now you will find the brand name used by several knife manufacturers by way of license agreements.
Winchester M21

What did I buy??

Post by Winchester M21 »

Anyone know anything about this one? It’s the size of a case 99 pattern
7F9EBF6B-172E-43A0-94B7-7F8E066769C0.jpeg
Life is too short to carry an ugly knife!!
Shawn
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What did I buy??

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Winchester M21 wrote:Anyone know anything about this one? It’s the size of a case 99 pattern
I don't know anything about it other than it is a beauty. Wow!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Looks like knives that were made in Germany in 1990's i think it was. Nicely made knives but not an authorized use of the "Winchester" name i have read.
What is stamped into tang ?
kj
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

kootenay joe wrote:Looks like knives that were made in Germany in 1990's i think it was. Nicely made knives but not an authorized use of the "Winchester" name i have read.
What is stamped into tang ?
kj

kj Is that a Parker "Thing"?

Harold
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Winchester M21 wrote:Anyone know anything about this one? It’s the size of a case 99 pattern

I have one of those. Has the loudest snap of any knife I own. Made in Germany. I’ve been told it was unauthorized also, but mine has a box with the logo and everything. I find it hard to believe that these knives would have been unauthorized with the stamp on it and a black and red box covered with the Winchester logo. Who would take that chance? I would love to know the history on this.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Unauthorized Repos made in the 70's.
Roger
Winchester M21

Post by Winchester M21 »

Well thanks guys!!

It isn't mint but still nice with some light spots on the blades. couldn't pass on it cause I like the big Jack patterns.

Shawn
Shawn
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Harold i do not know if Jim Parker was the person who had these unauthorized Winchester branded knives made. Roger might know as he ID'd them as from 1970's.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Winchester M21 wrote:Well thanks guys!!

It isn't mint but still nice with some light spots on the blades. couldn't pass on it cause I like the big Jack patterns.

Shawn

Shawn, I don’t think you did badly. Once you handle one of these, you realize that it’s a very well made knife. Apart from being unauthorized, these are very fine quality knives. They usually aren’t too expensive either.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

It is a very attractive knife. And if from Germany probably well made. ::nod::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Olie molie! That's a beaut!
I bet it is another one of parkers "ripped off" knives. Love the knives, don't like the guy. It's fair in my book.
Again beautiful "Winchester" Winchester!
:D
Willy
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Winchester M21

Post by Winchester M21 »

Thanks for all the help guys!

I'm guessing there were other patterns made as well?? I guess I'll keep an eye out for them if so.
Shawn

Return to “Winchester Knife Collector's Forum”