Winchester George Washington Penknife

Winchester entered the knife market as a manufacturer in 1919 by acquiring two existing knife companies; Eagle Knife Co. of Connecticut & Napanoch Knife Co. of New York. Winchester stepped away from the market in 1942 to focus on war related manufactured products, but re-entered in the late 1980s by licensing its name to Blue Grass Cutlery. Blue Grass had high quality knives made by Queen Cutlery that featured the Winchester brand name for a handful of years until the license arrangement ran its course. Winchester eventually started licensing to other companies & now you will find the brand name used by several knife manufacturers by way of license agreements.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Winchester George Washington Penknife

Post by Ripster »

Stanwade wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:16 pm https://blademag.com/knife-history/knif ... es-america

Really cool knife!👍 Now I gotta have one... The above link is an interesting story about said knife..
Very neat article, such a little knife, so much history.Thanks for sharing. Believe mine is like the one with bail at bottom of pic in article. Now You got me going !!! Getting the trays out tonight and will find it. Thanks again , To All , have a good one.
JP
Winchester M21

Re: Winchester George Washington Penknife

Post by Winchester M21 »

Nice knife!!
Life is too short to carry an ugly knife!!
Shawn

Return to “Winchester Knife Collector's Forum”