Leatherman belt case

A place to show off and discuss the art of making sheaths, belts, pouches, and other knife related leather items. Pick up ideas & tips here or share some with others.
Rossr

Leatherman belt case

Post by Rossr »

So friend of mine asked me to make a belt sheath/case for his leatherman. And I quote nothing fancy just needs to work. So how'd I do folks?

Ross
Attachments
20210811_202326.jpg
20210811_202309.jpg
20210811_202300.jpg
20210811_202252.jpg
Einhornllc Custom knives and leather.

Come stroll around my AAPK store sit a spell maybe buy a knife or two ::nod::

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/rossr

https://www.einhorncustom.com/
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Leatherman belt case

Post by hardman »

Looks really good to me. But I think 'fancy' must be in your blood.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Very Good!! ::nod::
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Looks better than any sheath Leatherman ever offered. And they call their expensive Ainsworth sheath "premium". It's got nothing on your design!

While I prefer leather, I most use the nylon ones because they're easier to clean, and have extra pockets for the bit sets and other small tools I need to carry. They don't last as long. Lucky if I get a year out of most, except for models intended for MOLLE vests/equipment. They can be adapted to a regular belt by just changing how it's threaded through the loops on the back.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Outstanding work ! What are the dimensions ?
I really like how the belt loop lets it sit down low. I hate belt sheaths up in my ribs ...
::tu:: ::tu::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Beautiful work, that is the sheath of a craftsman. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Rossr

Post by Rossr »

hardman wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:32 am Looks really good to me. But I think 'fancy' must be in your blood.
Lol well I can do basic stuff for sure. But yes kinda hard to turn it off when Im in the shop and have stuff around to pretty them up :) Thanks
cudgee wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:05 pm Beautiful work, that is the sheath of a craftsman. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
You make me smile Cudgee Thank you
royal0014 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:36 am Outstanding work ! What are the dimensions ?
I really like how the belt loop lets it sit down low. I hate belt sheaths up in my ribs ...
::tu:: ::tu::

Thanks and couldn't agree more. I also hate the dreaded rib/side poke just seems wrong to me . I feel its a bit on the large side 3 inches wide and 5 inches high when its closed Thick goes just shy of 2 inches if you count belt loop everything. I could make them smaller by wet moulding the pouch but this way its easier to do the fancy tooling on it. and the liner. imo

cody6268 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:35 am Looks better than any sheath Leatherman ever offered. And they call their expensive Ainsworth sheath "premium". It's got nothing on your design!

While I prefer leather, I most use the nylon ones because they're easier to clean, and have extra pockets for the bit sets and other small tools I need to carry. They don't last as long. Lucky if I get a year out of most, except for models intended for MOLLE vests/equipment. They can be adapted to a regular belt by just changing how it's threaded through the loops on the back.
Thanks Cody. Yes I can understand using nylon for sure. Kind words Cody Thank you. The Ainsworth is nice enough for sure and a reasonable price point imo for the leather used etc.
doglegg wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:08 am Very Good!! ::nod::
Thanks Doglegg
Einhornllc Custom knives and leather.

Come stroll around my AAPK store sit a spell maybe buy a knife or two ::nod::

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/rossr

https://www.einhorncustom.com/

Return to “Knife related leather work forum”