Old Buck fixed belt loop repair

A place to show off and discuss the art of making sheaths, belts, pouches, and other knife related leather items. Pick up ideas & tips here or share some with others.
kossetx

Old Buck fixed belt loop repair

Post by kossetx »

Evening folks, I have a single line Buck 105 that the thread is coming loose at the belt loop seam of the flap over loop. It is about 3" deep in the pocket and fairly tight of an area. I figure a curved needle and perhaps some type of "threader" maybe made from stainless leader might work. The curved needle from the outside and the theader pushed from the outside to pull the thread through. Any ideas without cutting the sheath open? Any leather tools I am unaware of? I always hand sew. Would a Myers awl work in this case? I have one but have never used it. The needle apears humongous though. Thanks mp
Where Bob Wills is still the King...
eveled

Re: Old Buck fixed belt loop repair

Post by eveled »

48743E87-0A6C-45CD-BF0A-6A02B88346A3.jpeg
One of these might work. (I didn’t know it was a Myers awl.). It works like sewing machine does. The threaded needle goes in from the outside then you pass the inside thread through the loop (needle nose pliers or forceps will help) pull the needle out go in the next hole and repeat.

Best and easiest way is to cut it open re stitch the loop then sew it back together. All the thread is the same age.
kossetx

Re: Old Buck fixed belt loop repair

Post by kossetx »

Looking at Myers how to videos they is probably my best route.
Where Bob Wills is still the King...

Return to “Knife related leather work forum”