The Condor has landed !

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
Toejammer

The Condor has landed !

Post by Toejammer »

Condor 81 SSG - Seizo Imai Seki Japan - Serial #A1-00673

This thing is a beast ! The fit and finish is amazing, but not unexpected from a Japanese maker. The blade steel is AUS-8, with stainless steel bolsters, linen micarta scales, and brass liners. From what I can tell online, this pre dates the Secnos 81 SSG series (which is not numbered) I've seen prices (sold) in the $175 - $250 range, I paid far less ... :mrgreen:

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: The Condor has landed !

Post by Madmarco »

Very nice T.J.! ::tu:: I've been eye-balling those for awhile now, but am yet to pull the trigger for one! Enjoy your new knife! 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Looks like a knife designed for some heavy duty cutting. ::tu::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Welp,
Looks like me now be going, and adding condor to my knife "buy it" list.
Good lookin' folder Tj; looks almost heavy enough, to cut acoustic strings...
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

Thanks all !

Like I said, this thing is a beast. Opening and closing, you get that satisfying "clack" sound of the blade. I can't stop playing with it. 8)
If anyone knows anything more about this particular blade, I'd love to hear it. As is, I only know whats written on the blade really.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Great looking knife, Tomjammer. I too like Condors, but I think all of mine were made in South America (El Salvador). I haven't picked up a folder from them . . . yet. ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

Howdy! I have a Condor!! ::groove:: Please check my LDF Store (AAPK)
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Toejammer wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:35 pm Condor 81 SSG - Seizo Imai Seki Japan - Serial #A1-00673

This thing is a beast ! The fit and finish is amazing, but not unexpected from a Japanese maker. The blade steel is AUS-8, with stainless steel bolsters, linen micarta scales, and brass liners. From what I can tell online, this pre dates the Secnos 81 SSG series (which is not numbered) I've seen prices (sold) in the $175 - $250 range, I paid far less ... :mrgreen:

I bought this identical knife years ago but with gray micarta handles. It is a beast for sure and a gator snap. I wasn’t aware that it is Japanese made but I’m not surprised. They make great cutlery.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Return to “Japanese-made knives”