I guess I'll start it off................

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
knife7knut

I guess I'll start it off................

Post by knife7knut »

.....with something a bit different. These are steak knife sets from the the Japan Sword Co. of Hakusui Inami. The quality of these pieces has to be seen to be believed.
The first set is one that features black lacquered wood inserts for handles.
The second set has smooth metal handles that are one piece with the blade.
The last set has metal handles with a hammered finish;also one piece with the blade.
Hope you enjoy them.
Attachments
HakusuiInamiSteakKnifeSet3 001.jpg
HakusuiInamiSteakKnifeSet3 002.jpg
HakusuiInamiSteakKnives3InBox.JPG
HakusuiInamiSteakKnives2.JPG
HakusuiInamiSteakKnives2InBox.JPG
HakusuiInamiSteakKnives1.JPG
HakusuiInamiSteakKnifeWithCard.JPG
Hakusui InamiCutlery 003.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: I guess I'll start it off................

Post by Old Folder »

I like all 3 set, but I prefer the "Hammered finish" set.
I can invision cutting into a juicy steak as I write ::drool::.
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

knife7knut wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:11 am .....with something a bit different. These are steak knife sets from the the Japan Sword Co. of Hakusui Inami. The quality of these pieces has to be seen to be believed.
The last set has metal handles with a hammered finish;also one piece with the blade.
Hope you enjoy them.
Elegant, simply elegant. I have never seen Japanese steak knives like these. I have a lot, LOT of Japanese knives and troll the Japanese knife and chef knife websites frequently. I wonder how long ago these were made?
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Those hammered finishes are beyond cool. ::tu::
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:18 pm
knife7knut wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:11 am .....with something a bit different. These are steak knife sets from the the Japan Sword Co. of Hakusui Inami. The quality of these pieces has to be seen to be believed.
Hope you enjoy them.
Elegant, simply elegant. I have never seen Japanese steak knives like these. I have a lot, LOT of Japanese knives and troll the Japanese knife and chef knife websites frequently. I wonder how long ago these were made?
I'm not sure but I have owned them for about 30 years.The hammered set came is a wood box with the description card and a polishing cloth. The plain handled ones came in a black lacquered wood box that has a leather covering top and bottom and each knife has a small felt bag to cover the handle when not in use.Sadly one knife was missing from the set.I think this set was the oldest.
The ones with the wood inserts in the handles I think are the most recent and if I had to guess I would say they probably were made in the 1950's to the 1960's.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

knife7knut wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:22 pm
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:18 pm
Hope you enjoy them.
I'm not sure but I have owned them for about 30 years.The hammered set came is a wood box with the description card and a polishing cloth. The plain handled ones came in a black lacquered wood box that has a leather covering top and bottom and each knife has a small felt bag to cover the handle when not in use.Sadly one knife was missing from the set.I think this set was the oldest.
The ones with the wood inserts in the handles I think are the most recent and if I had to guess I would say they probably were made in the 1950's to the 1960's.
That explains why I haven’t seen them before. That hammered texture is call “Tsuchime”. Japanesechefsknives has a line of chef knives called ‘’Gekko” which means “moonlight” that has this same Tsuchime on the top half of the blade. Just beautiful. I bought my kids one of these last year for Christmas. One of my favorites.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Those are neato' ::tu:: . Never seen steak knives styled like that. Might need to pick me self up a set in the future ….
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Getting my kids the paring knife version this year. This series of knives is called “Gekko” meaning moonlight. It’s a Tsuchime finish on the 15 layer Damascus blade. Has a VG-10 core. For the money you cannot beat these Japanese chef knives. These knives are on sale now at JCK, up to 30% off the regular prices. And no I don’t sell for this company, just love the products.
Included is a picture of the chef knife I bought last year for the kids. Same series. And the handles are Mahogany. Beautiful.
Edit, I put a close up of the paring and didn’t get the 7” chef, added that.
Attachments
IMG_1646.jpeg
IMG_1647.jpeg
IMG_1648.jpeg
IMG_4948.jpeg
IMG_4949.jpeg

Return to “Japanese-made knives”