Other Seki Made

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
JonTerry

Re: Other Seki Made

Post by JonTerry »

This is a beast !!!
Attachments
gk4.jpg
gk5.jpg
gk7.jpg
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

It looks like a beast Jon. That blade is really thick. Nice.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yes sir, definitely a beast, Jon.
The blade appears to be 5mm thick, which is becoming more and more popular amongst makers.
Nice knife, congratulations!
8)
8)
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Yeah guys it’s a unit alright !
Thought it was ugly when I got it with a bunch of trads butim the hand it feels great heavy and kinda indestructible
Very well made locks up like a fixed blade

Kinda knife you’d be happy to have if dumped in the middle of no where
Not a pocket item buy any stretch
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Here’s a 4 pin LB7 which is probably the most solid and heavy lockback I had before this

The Gamekeeper makes to LB7 feel like a cheap gas station piece which lets be honest takes some doing

I admit it’s an ugly thing but my days it’s Bombproof
Attachments
3C087780-FFE2-46C4-BC75-E0EFC7FE5B42.jpeg
AEE464B5-7CC4-449F-9005-4E79FCF3D02E.jpeg
EBD1EDD9-9684-4143-A3D2-A0F9733D34CE.jpeg
1E2E359D-092E-4DB7-AFAD-C4C5C20FDBF1.jpeg
image.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for those comparison shots Jon, they really put the 2 knives in perspective, and really show what a monster your "Gamekeeper" is.
This is Al Mar's version of the "Gameskeeper", which you'll notice has some differences, the addition of an "S" in it's name being one of them! lol!
8)
WIN_20221130_15_54_48_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221130_15_54_21_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Very nice Mark.

Got this one in today. I didn’t realize until after I bought it that I didn’t have one of these already. I have two like it but they are smaller in size. Made for A.G. Russell in Seki Japan. I’m guessing it was made in the 1990’s from the green on the stag handles. I’ve seen a lot of green on the stag on Japanese knives made in the 90’s. I forgot about it when I cleaned it, it comes off immediately with mineral oil. This was probably made by Tak Fukuta or Hiro Knives for A.G. Love the red liners between the bolster and the stag, it really sets the stag off on this. For some reason the snap is weak on this one, not that it’s especially strong on these type of knives but this one is very weak. It’s not marked as a second so not sure if this was by design or is a flaw. A.G. Russell has always inspected every knife and any that don’t pass muster are marked with a notch in the ricasso, which this one doesn’t have. It’s a beautiful knife either way.
Attachments
0E08B3D9-CA4B-4EFB-9076-56480A7B3696.jpeg
1932B8EF-ED46-46C8-8C34-AC9A84BCF0E9.jpeg
05F4DCFF-F096-4672-859B-F5F76BBE5572.jpeg
877BADEA-8365-4AD7-AA22-793B8141BC11.jpeg
AFCCF2CD-0B87-4D06-ADF7-F04F1674DCFE.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Another beauty, Mark. The handle is scrumptious.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Garry, that’s what drew me to it in the first place.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's gorgeous Mark, my kindda knife!
I've been watching very similar models at various locations online as well as in your store because you always seem to have these in stock in one shape or another, but none with covers as nice as this copy. They really are spectacular.
I need to organize my collection to see just how many AG Russell models I currently have, I think it will turn out to be more than I thought.
Great knife, buddy!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received this little SOG lockback awhile ago and am just getting around to posting it now! It's 6 1/2" oal with a SS spear-point blade and included single-stud, an all stainless body, and a lanyard hole! Nice n' hefty! I believe this is a smaller version of their "Tomcat" folder, but don't take that to the bank, I was wrong once before! 8)
WIN_20230125_16_27_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230125_16_26_43_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That’s a beauty Mark. I love SOG knives. I’ve held on to a few in my collection for years. That looks like a stout and well made knife.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for that, Mark.
You have this one pegged perfectly, it IS stout and well made.
I still keep my eyes open daily for a reasonably priced "Aristocrat", but so far nothing other than the near retail offers.
We'll find one for you eventually!
8)
8)
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

I bought this knife in 2009. In May 2022, I photographed him. In April 2023, I post these pictures for the first time. What's wrong with him? ::paranoid::
G.Sakai Access C.K
Attachments
G.Sakai Access C.K (1).jpg
G.Sakai Access C.K (2).jpg
G.Sakai Access C.K (3).jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This 7 3/4" oal Paragon lockback came recently from, you guessed it, my pal Mark at SSk!
This is my definition of a gentleman's knife, even with it's slightly larger size. It's description is easy, a SS blade that has the appearance of a spey even though my picture doesn't really capture that, solid SS frame with lovely Cocobolo cover inserts, completely tight run-up, and no visible pins. It carries a suitable for me 5 oz. weight and came to me sharpened. Features a just right pull of about 5 accompanied by an equal detent. The fit and finish is better than on some new knives I've seen. Made in Seki, Japan.
This knife is one of those knives that speaks to you as you walk by, and man this baby called me by my first name! Thanks Mark!
8)
WIN_20230503_12_03_11_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230503_12_02_52_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

You’re welcome Mark. It is a great knife. All the Paragon knives I’ve handled have been top notch, some of the best you can own. It’s a beautiful knife.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks, Mark.
I was just interacting with Garry over at "Comfort Knives", and he was saying he missed out on a Paragon he was looking at yesterday, and I asked if he knew the model, because if you go to the Paragon site they are mostly those goofy Warlocks and a few of the model I bought from you, the black micarta Blackie Collins mid-lock, so if there are other models I'd love to see them.
8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Almost forgot to add this one to this thread. It’s a Browning brand fixed blade. Model 109 with maple burl handles that are pretty nice. Full tapered tang construction. Brushed nickel silver bolsters. This is a beautiful knife. I figure it was most likely made by Hiro knives and or Master Tak Fukuta.
Added this one to the store a few days ago.
Attachments
IMG_5316.jpeg
IMG_5317.jpeg
IMG_5318.jpeg
IMG_5322.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I was looking at that knife in your store, Mark, it is extremely attractive.
I know you're not a big fan of Browning knives, but it looks like you got a good one here.
I really like the BIG shiny handle fasteners.
Very nice!
8)
8)
timb

Post by timb »

Some of the Browning Seki knives are very nice looking indeed.
Thinning out my knifes. Take a look at what I have for sale.
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/timb
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I believe this is the first Browning that has drawn my attention.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks guys. I like this one a lot. It has nice lines and a very interesting design. I do like some of the Browning knives that were made. There are some that strike me as a bit cheap but ones like this are pretty sweet and very well made.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I was looking for another model (the Barracuda family), and I stumbled upon this little guy, the 703, which is just under 3" but packs a full SE Wharncliffe. Figure this knife will be good for sweatpants and shorts carry, which usually require featherweight knives for comfort reasons.

$9 plus shipping, which brought to just under $13.

Got my eyes on the 734 next--which is full-size, part-serrated. Much like the Kershaw Task, but goes for quite a bit less.
s-l1600B7003WSE.png
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Finally acquired a knife I have longed for for about 20 years. I first saw this knife in the A.G. Russell catalog and then had a chance to handle one on a visit to SMKW but the price was just more than I could justify at the time. I nearly passed on this one because the photos from the seller showed several marks on the bolsters which mostly rubbed out with Simichrome. Another reason I like to do the basics of clean up when I list a knife so the buyer can see the “true knife”.
This is a SOG Arcitech made in Seki Japan. The handles are brown jigged bone. The bolsters are stainless with the Arc-Lock system, you slide the release button down to close the knife. Opens smoothly and locks smoothly too. File work on the stainless steel where the back spring would be, what do you call that piece of metal on a knife that doesn’t use a back spring? There is an opal on the thumbstud which is a nice touch. The blade is San Mai VG-10 stainless steel and razor sharp.
Attachments
IMG_5503.jpeg
IMG_5504.jpeg
IMG_5505.jpeg
IMG_5507.jpeg
IMG_5508.jpeg
IMG_5509.jpeg
IMG_5510.jpeg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

An awesome looking knife. It radiates strength.

Return to “Japanese-made knives”