Other Seki Made

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Other Seki Made

Post by kennedy knives »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:52 am
kennedy knives wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:52 pm This is one I just picked up Hattori ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
I just saw this Gary, that is a nice one. Be careful, buying Hattori’s can be habit forming.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

G. Sakai bird and trout knife
Attachments
thumbnail_20200820_092518.jpg
thumbnail_20200820_092447.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

There is another one I don’t have yet. Very nice looking slim knife.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Couple of Coleman Mini-Trappers. I have a Stockman but it was made in China.
Attachments
Coleman Mini-Trapper Blue Bone Seki Japan - Labeled.JPG
DSC09553.JPG
Coleman Mini-Trapper - Stag - Seki Japan - Labeled.JPG
Coleman Mini-Trapper - Stag - Seki Japan - Pile Closed.JPG
Coleman Mini-Trapper - Stag - Seki Japan - COO Stamp.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Jerry, those Colemans are so under appreciated. Those mini trappers are one of my favorites. I have been carrying a Coleman stag mini trapper since last year and I really like it.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm Jerry, those Colemans are so under appreciated.
And the price shows it. I paid $20 or less for each of the Mini-Trappers I've bought and that's in factory condition.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

G. Sakai
Moki Glory
A.G. Russell LB
Attachments
WP_20180902_008.jpg
WP_20180325_054.jpg
WP_20181113_075.jpg
WP_20181113_088.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Handsome knives one and all. ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Ivoryman, that is a nice line up. That A.G. Russell stag at the end is the kicker, very nice.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:16 am Ivoryman, that is a nice line up. That A.G. Russell stag at the end is the kicker, very nice.
I second what Mark says, awesome lineup Iman ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Ivoryman wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:16 am G. Sakai
Moki Glory
A.G. Russell LB

I really like the Sakai
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Got in this beautiful IC Cut lockback. It’s surprisingly heavy. Very solid feel to it. Good lock up and the release is just right. Not sure what the wood is on the handle, it looks like either Pakkawood or Rosewood. Nickel silver bolsters, pins and liners. Looks great and feels just right in hand.
Attachments
IMG_3898.jpeg
IMG_3900.jpeg
IMG_3901.jpeg
IMG_3902.jpeg
IMG_3903.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's a beauty Mark! And it's got a Moki run-up to boot! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Picked up another Paragon this week. Inter frame locking system. The body is nickel silver w/ cocobolo wood inserts. As you can see the run up is tight as any Seki made knife. If anyone knows when this was made or any other details, I would appreciate knowing for my records.
This one is so shiny it looks like it has a halo around it when I was taking pictures, the polishing on this is flawless.
Attachments
IMG_3958.jpeg
IMG_3959.jpeg
IMG_3960.jpeg
IMG_3961.jpeg
IMG_3962.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Absolutely gorgeous knife Mark! ::tu:: I can certainly see why you're keeping it! ::nod:: My loss! :cry: 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Mark. This is a very nicely made Paragon. It’s very slim as well, I think that inter frame locking system eliminates the liners and makes it feel very slim. The high polish makes it feel very silky smooth to hold. I think this knife was designed w/ how it would feel in hand as a primary design consideration and it shows.
Attachments
IMG_3958.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That sure is a beauty Mark! I've never been a fan of the upward swell at the tip of the blade just above the nail-nic, but on this one it can certainly be overlooked. I see this on many Japanese blades, so I guess it's kind of a tradition. This knife just looks like it would be comfortable in your hand. It looks good on you buddy, enjoy! I can't find any information on these Paragons, the closest I can come is Ashville Steel on ebay, and they don't provide much. I'd have thought Paragon would have their own website, but no such luck! Did you see the one on Cuttingedge.com with the black pearl inlays that was previously sold? Looks to be the same model but with black pearl instead of Cocobolo inlays. If you just search "Paragon Knives" it comes up with a couple of the model that's currently on it's way to me. BTW, that package has cleared Customs already, with a proposed delivery date of Sept.10th., so won't be long now, and no taxes so far! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I got in the baby brother of the IC Cut lockback I posted a few pages back. I have pictures of both knives together so you can see the similarities in all but size.
Both have beautiful Stamina wood handles. Stainless steel blades and nickel silver bolsters. IC Cut is owned by Ishikawa Cutlery in Seki Japan. It’s a consortium of Japanese cutlers
Attachments
IMG_4053.jpeg
IMG_4054.jpeg
IMG_4055.jpeg
IMG_4056.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Two very impressive brothers Mark, congratulations! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you Mark. These two are fine examples of Seki quality knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

They are a very handsome pair Mark. And I still enjoy looking at your slim Paragon.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I got in this A.G. Russell Folding Hunter with Guthook. This was designed and made by Master Tak Fukuta in the late 1990’s. Mr Fukuta produced another version of this that had a less expensive wooden handles on it. This one has Chinese Quince-wood Burl handles. This is one of my favorite woods. It always has a very tight grain and the color on Quince-wood is always amazing. The stainless steel blades are made of 8-A stainless. This knife is a handful, it measures 4 1/4” closed and is a bit heavy.
I listed this one for sale but wanted to post it here for more to enjoy.
Attachments
IMG_4113.jpeg
IMG_4115.jpeg
IMG_4120.jpeg
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Mark, you have some awesome Japanese made knives...very eloquent and unique. I have only one high end Japanese made knife...a Buck Koji Hara folder that I couldn't resist a year or so back.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

KLJ77 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:58 pm Mark, you have some awesome Japanese made knives...very eloquent and unique. I have only one high end Japanese made knife...a Buck Koji Hara folder that I couldn't resist a year or so back.
LJ, thank you for the compliment. I would like to see some pictures of that knife you mentioned. I know I have seen one before but it’s been so long I can’t remember what it looks like. Any knife designed by Master Koji Hara is unique and striking in it’s beauty and form. He does some amazing work. So does Dew Hara his son. His tastes are different from Koji and what he produces is over the top in a different vein.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:44 pm I got in this A.G. Russell Folding Hunter with Guthook. This was designed and made by Master Tak Fukuta in the late 1990’s. Mr Fukuta produced another version of this that had a less expensive wooden handles on it. This one has Chinese Quince-wood Burl handles. This is one of my favorite woods. It always has a very tight grain and the color on Quince-wood is always amazing. The stainless steel blades are made of 8-A stainless. This knife is a handful, it measures 4 1/4” closed and is a bit heavy.
I listed this one for sale but wanted to post it here for more to enjoy.
A very handsome knife indeed Mark! ::tu:: Although not my style of knife, there's no getting away from the beauty of those scales. BTW, is the large blade with the tip missing referred to as a "spey" blade? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
8)

Return to “Japanese-made knives”