Japanese "VALOR" Knives.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Japanese "VALOR" Knives.

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This pocket knife arrived very recently in a large group/lot of pocket knives that I bought. I did NOT purchase the group/lot to obtain this particular pocket knife. But, it is a BEAUTY and it turned out to be a keeper. It is a VALOR JAPAN, one blade, two tang stamps, M.O.P. handles/scales, 3" closed (not including the bail), pattern #530, fish shaped pocket knife. The blade serves as the dorsal fin. The main blade front tang stamp reads "VALOR - #530." The main blade back tang stamp reads "STAINLESS - STEEL - JAPAN." It is in EXCELLENT condition. It did NOT need any cleaning. I took some pictures (they do NOT do it justice) and here it is.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
Main Blade Back Tang Stamp.
Main Blade Back Tang Stamp.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
SmileyBuck

Re: Japanese "VALOR" Knives.

Post by SmileyBuck »

I have one Valor knife from Japan don't know much about them but it's a pretty nice knife

Front: Sport - Valor Miami USA
Rear tang: 440 stainless 335 Japan
Attachments
20220317_090821.jpg
20220317_090111.jpg
I Like Buck, Case, Boker, and Everything Else
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Very recently, this pocket knife arrived and it now becomes the latest example to join this topic or thread and to join my general pocket knife collection. It came in a very large group or lot of pocket knives that I bought. I was happy to find it, but I did not buy the group or lot for this particular pocket knife. It is a JAPAN, one blade, one tool (a marlin spike), one tang stamp, 4 3/8" closed (not including the bail or lanyard loop), rigging pocket knife. This is my first and only rigging pocket knife. The bail or lanyard loop also unlocks the marlin spike. The main blade tang stamp says "STAINLESS (over) STEEL (over) JAPAN" The main handle side says "RIGGING-KNIFE" Is it a VALOR rigging knife? I have seen a couple of VALOR rigging knives on-line and they "look" identical to this one. But, they had "VALOR" on the tang stamp(s). Nevertheless, it is in VERY GOOD condition. It did NOT need any cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Theo

Post by Theo »

And here is my example to join this little thread, my brother in law gave this to me a couple of years ago and I just recently got it out then I seen this thread. A Valor 515-S stainless steel from Japan. Never thought of it much, the button you can push in,but it doesn't have a spring in it. I think it was just nonfunctional switchblade... ::shrug::
Attachments
A2F5FA0A-35D2-43EF-B07C-89CF1E5258F9.jpeg
9C166158-DC8F-4A89-9795-19F07217EFDD.jpeg
8357BC5E-0D8C-4979-A900-FEFF4980A6A5.jpeg
554CA05B-114C-4181-89EC-F704A49F6F77.jpeg
78C3EAFC-0769-4EC7-8ADC-37DF6C1F2D87.jpeg
33CF6007-F1C7-4C7F-8C04-0F44AA7CACA1.jpeg
My new store http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/theo

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's a smart lookin' knife Theo. ::tu:: I don't see a lock-tab to "pick" it closed, does the button need to be pressed in order to fold the blade closed, or is it simply slip-joint action? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
8)
Theo

Post by Theo »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:20 pm That's a smart lookin' knife Theo. ::tu:: I don't see a lock-tab to "pick" it closed, does the button need to be pressed in order to fold the blade closed, or is it simply slip-joint action? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
Hey buddy, no it is a slipjoint that's is it, no button to push or lock blade. Put together very well , I also liked the early Sabre knifes from Japan, has to be the early ones though. Hey buddy have you picked up any cool switchblades lately? I am getting that itch for Italian made switchers, I did buy 3 orfour cheapers from blade city , but it didn't relieve the itch for the 11 in Maltese that I want
My new store http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/theo

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Hey Theo!
Thanks for that info, your knife is in great shape I'm really liking it. I just noticed the long pull on the blade which ordinarily wouldn't be there if it had a spring in it originally, so I'd say you're right about it being a nonfunctioning stiletto and not a true automatic. I don't know if I bought any autos since we last spoke, but if you check the "Some of my autos" thread in the "Switchblade Collectors" forum you'll see for yourself. If you go to the AAPK stores and do a search for AGA Campolin knives, a couple of 11" Maltese should come up at current prices, and you'd be supporting our site too if you buy there. Show us what you got from Blade City buddy, cheapos or not. Good hearing from you man! 8)
8)
78son87acon

Post by 78son87acon »

::hmm:: can anyone tell me about this knife looks like something that's reasonably valuable.
Thank you!?
Number on the blade is 10903 btw
Attachments
16763415969967574652804635317469.jpg
78son87acon

Post by 78son87acon »

Can anyone tell me anything?
Attachments
16763416997346916475708650920028.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Be patient 7887, someone who knows about your knife will eventually see it and provide you with some answers. BTW, ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
78son87acon

Post by 78son87acon »

::pray:: how often does it usually take? Is there any research resources i can pull from myself?
Madmarco wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:34 pm Be patient 7887, someone who knows about your knife will eventually see it and provide you with some answers. BTW, ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake:: 8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

78son87acon wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:46 am ::pray:: how often does it usually take? Is there any research resources i can pull from myself?
Madmarco wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:34 pm Be patient 7887, someone who knows about your knife will eventually see it and provide you with some answers. BTW, ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake:: 8)
Ha, ha, ha!
You're asking me how a watch works, my friend! ::shrug::
I'm afraid not I nor anyone I know can predict how long before someone has answers for you, and I speak only from what I've experienced here myself.
In the meantime I suggest you read through the topics in this forum" Japanese-made knives", there appears to be plenty of information in them.
IMHO, you have a knife that is beyond "run of the mill", so don't let impatience make you do something foolish.
I know it's frustrating and you've hung-in there very well so far, try to continue being patient. ::handshake::
8)
8)

Return to “Japanese-made knives”