Parkers

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Japan.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Parkers

Post by JamieinWV »

I think Jim Parker was P.T Barnum reincarnated.... I have a few of them, It was the first knife I bought with my own money in late 70's...A little bandit
Attachments
IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Parkers

Post by Madmarco »

Nice posse of bandits you have there Jamie! ::tu:: I have a few Parker's scattered throughout my collection but I like this one so much that I post it whenever I get the opportunity! 9" oal lockback with NS hardware brass liners and blue/brown dyed bone covers! It weighs close to 9 oz.'s and feels very substantial in your hand! This knife is a regular as one of my "Comfort Knives"! 8)
WIN_20220321_16_04_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220321_16_03_27_Pro.jpg
8)
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:13 pm Nice posse of bandits you have there Jamie! ::tu:: I have a few Parker's scattered throughout my collection but I like this one so much that I post it whenever I get the opportunity! 9" oal lockback with NS hardware brass liners and blue/brown dyed bone covers! It weighs close to 9 oz.'s and feels very substantial in your hand! This knife is a regular as one of my "Comfort Knives"! 8)WIN_20220321_16_04_02_Pro.jpgWIN_20220321_16_03_27_Pro.jpg
Beautiful knife Marco! ::tu::
Is that what's called a Tanto blade?
Tim
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Tim, ::handshake:: and yes it is, a Tanto style blade! 8)
8)
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I don't collect Parkers, but I think I have this one around somewhere.
!BSG-N9QB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjcEjlLmYdDjBKBg78ZLJw~~_3 (Large).JPG
!BSG-OeQBmk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmVqugBKBg8BQ8Pg~~_3 (Large).JPG
!BSG-ON!CGk~$(KGrHgoOKkEEjlLmY7zeBKBg7-o)ng~~_3 (Large).JPG
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Nice Marco I knew whatever knife you were showing would be sizable, I also like the toothpick Tongueriver, I never carry one because they feel funny in my pocket (not I’m excited to see you Miss Goodbody excited) but I like the look of them.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

tongueriver wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:06 am I don't collect Parkers, but I think I have this one around somewhere.
!BSG-N9QB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjcEjlLmYdDjBKBg78ZLJw~~_3 (Large).JPG!BSG-OeQBmk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmVqugBKBg8BQ8Pg~~_3 (Large).JPG!BSG-ON!CGk~$(KGrHgoOKkEEjlLmY7zeBKBg7-o)ng~~_3 (Large).JPG
Beautiful knife T.R.! ::tu:: I'm not a big toothpick fan but the covers on yours simply can't be overlooked! When I looked at your 1st picture the knife appeared to be rather thick, so I was shocked when I saw in your 2nd picture just how thin it really is! ::uc:: If you're going to own only 1 Parker that knife is the one, after my Tanto of course! LOL! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JamieinWV wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:04 pm Nice Marco I knew whatever knife you were showing would be sizable, I also like the toothpick Tongueriver, I never carry one because they feel funny in my pocket (not I’m excited to see you Miss Goodbody excited) but I like the look of them.
::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: ! You're getting to know me pretty well in this short time Jamie! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Beaver Tail at Xmas...
Attachments
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1486.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JamieinWV wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:27 pm Beaver Tail at Xmas...
That's a gorgeous little knife Jamie! ::tu:: Of course I like my knives big, but that baby looks like it would ride beautifully in your pocket and be very useful throughout the day! ::nod:: The covers are exceptional! It's hard to believe that just over 2 months to the day have gone by since we posted in this thread, it feels like yesterday to me! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

It got to 86 degrees here today so I put a Xmas knife out.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JamieinWV wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:31 am It got to 86 degrees here today so I put a Xmas knife out.
Were you having a "senior's moment"? ::shrug:: LOL! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:00 am
JamieinWV wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:31 am It got to 86 degrees here today so I put a Xmas knife out.
Were you having a "senior's moment"? ::shrug:: LOL! 8)
always, Im a Parker Fan
Parker Frost
Parker Cut
Parker and son
Eagle Brand
Case Classic

and a bunch of other brands Jim put his name on....Ive bought maybe 10 knives off his son on ebay, he always has nice stuff, I guess he should he has the keys to warehouse full of stuff his Dad left him.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I too am a Parker fan, although I don't own as many models as I would like! ::facepalm:: I'll tell ya, that is one lucky son of Jim Parker's to have the keys to that warehouse! ::pray:: 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

he sells loads of knives on eBay...under the name of silverladdie,
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Awesome looking group, Jamie. ::nod::👍 Sweet ones, tongue and Mark. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Mailman dropped this one off today...
Attachments
IMG_1572.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JamieinWV wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:12 pm he sells loads of knives on eBay...under the name of silverladdie,
Thanks for the name bud, ::handshake:: I was gonna ask you who it is! I'm quite familiar with that seller! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:18 pm Awesome looking group, Jamie. ::nod::👍 Sweet ones, tongue and Mark. ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank you much buddy! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JamieinWV wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:07 pm Mailman dropped this one off today...
Wow! ::uc:: That is one sweet knife Jamie! Drop-point, dark covers, extended top bolster, lockback, wow, just about perfect! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 am
Wow! ::uc:: That is one sweet knife Jamie! Drop-point, dark covers, extended top bolster, lockback, wow, just about perfect! 8)
Thank you Marc in his listings he mentions about loosing his dad to liver cancer, a shame.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 am
I fished it out of the bay and got it today, got it for US $29 free shipping and I’m more than proud of it.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

And so you should be proud of that beauty Jamie! ::tu:: It's funny how some of the most simple knives can turn out to be the nicest! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

This one was in mailbox today...as always Im amazed
Attachments
IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1586.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

from the pony express yesterday
Attachments
IMG_2388.JPG
IMG_2389.JPG
IMG_2390.JPG
IMG_2391.JPG

Return to “Japanese-made knives”