Loretta Lynn passe

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
Ridgegrass

Loretta Lynn passe

Post by Ridgegrass »

AP is reporting the death of Loretta Lynn. "Just C'mon Home You Blue Kentucky Girl" R.I.P. J.O'.
wlf

Re: Loretta Lynn passe

Post by wlf »

She was at my wife's first husband's papaw's house often. He was the primary doctor in town and built Loretta a stage on his property, along with his airstrip.
Jan is from Paintsville, KY and is a 4th or something like that cousin to Chris Stapleton. Chris Stapleton graduated with my brother in law's niece and was at their house lots during high school.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

We used to ATV race at Loretta's, she is a legend, R.I.P. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

A legend indeed! She gave us so much and will be sorely missed. What an amazing life she lived. RIP Loretta!
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I enjoyed her music when she sang by herself. A dear woman. God bless her.
Joe
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Loretta's song Coal Miner's Daughter has always been special to our family because it could have been written about my mother. It was one of Dad's favorite songs.

The parallels between my mother's life and Loretta's life as written in that autobiographical song are amazing. Mom was a coal.miner's daughter, born in 1926, a few years before Loretta. But both grew up during the Great Depression.

Mom had six sisters and a brother, eight kids in all just like Lorett's family. And they didn't have electricity until REA when I was about 8 or 10 years old - they used "coal oil" lamps just like Loretta wrote in the song. Grandma had no electric washing machine nor indoor plumbing. Clothes were always clean though, hand-scrubbed using a washboard. Water was carried to the house from the well - a job that I had when I was big enough to do it. But somehow all 8 children survived in that little 2-bedroom house.

Grandpa died when I was 5 years old, from black lung disease (miner's consumption).

RIP Loretta.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

" Coal Miners Daughter " a great movie, anyone who has not seen it should watch it. Tommy Lee Jones playing Oliver [Doo], Loretta's husband, is such a fantastic performance. Another Icon has left us. ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
just bob

Post by just bob »

If you're able to get the Circle Network, they will have this tribute this evening.

Opry (Live Broadcast)
9:00 PM -10:00 PM
Opry Live: Remembering Loretta Lynn
The Opry remembers the music and legacy of Loretta Lynn with guests Vince Gill, Deana Carter, and more.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

just bob wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:35 pm If you're able to get the Circle Network, they will have this tribute this evening.

Opry (Live Broadcast)
9:00 PM -10:00 PM
Opry Live: Remembering Loretta Lynn
The Opry remembers the music and legacy of Loretta Lynn with guests Vince Gill, Deana Carter, and more.
thanks for that Bob!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Listened to it or XM at 2 am on a long ride home from a gig in Westminster MD. It was very nice. Vince did a new song he wrote about songwriters and it was a beautiful dedication to Miss Loretta. J.O'.

Return to “The Music Forum”