"Johnny Cash: The Redemption of an American Icon" book review

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
MissouriGuerrilla

"Johnny Cash: The Redemption of an American Icon" book review

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

I finished reading "Johnny Cash: The Redemption of an American Icon" by Pastor Greg Laurie. I read it in three days because I had to pry it out of my hands. This is a phenomenal read as it delves into Cash's demons, struggles and spiritual journey through his life and career. I highly recommend it for it's religious value. It also answers many questions on why he turned to drugs and peels back the mask of who you saw onstage. It's tasteful, respectful and honest. Many Cash family members were interviewed for this book and supported it. It doesn't attack Johnny at all.
I gained a whole new respect for the man and am in total awe of how he survived a couple of events. There might be some things you come across that you had no idea of. High praise for this book!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: "Johnny Cash: The Redemption of an American Icon" book review

Post by 1967redrider »

He was an amazing American music icon, still is in my book. 😎👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
just bob

Post by just bob »

That movie on Elvis was truly amazing. I suspect there is even a more insightful epic to be told about the man in black.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

just bob wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:12 pm That movie on Elvis was truly amazing. I suspect there is even a more insightful epic to be told about the man in black.
Can hardly wait for that one Bob! ::pace:: 8)
8)

Return to “The Music Forum”