These folks are having a good time making music!

This forum is for anything & everything music. Post & discuss your favorite songs, artists, instruments, collectibles or memorabilia. Feel free to share original works or covers if you play or perform.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

These folks are having a good time making music!

Post by orvet »

I have certain rather eclectic taste in music, not because I'm a musician, but just the opposite! I may listen to orchestra music, contemporary Christian, country-western, rock 'n' roll, blues, folk music, (1960 style), and a folk music from different countries. I have a particular fondness for bagpipes. You never know what music may be playing in my shop when I'm working,
though it usually not jazz nor hip hop. I'm no singer, but with the aid of a bucket I might, (emphasis on might), be able to carry, but not far. The only musical instrument I can play would be a radio or music video on YouTube.

To me music is a lot of things, emotion, message, poetry and sometimes is just about people having a really good time together. ::groove::
This video is some folks having a really good time playing some strange instruments, strange at least for rock 'n' roll or country-western bands and I cannot understand a single word spoken although I think I did hear Amore which I believe means love in Italian.
Aside from that I was clueless as to the songs, their meaning or the words they were saying. I just plain enjoyed watching these people have so much fun making music and sharing it with their audience! ::ds::
I hope you enjoy it also.

https://youtu.be/MvFFb_oUvzY
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Gunsil

Re: These folks are having a good time making music!

Post by Gunsil »

That was pretty good Dale!! That is a Swiss flag flying so we know their nationality. The Swiss have four official languages though, hard to tell which they are singing in. Swiss German, French, Italian, and Romansch are their official languages. Amore is Italian for love, but the rest does not sound like Italian to me. I'm thinking either Swiss German or Romansch. Swiss German is the dominant language and most widely used.
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Seems a mix of Italian and German. There are areas of Switzerland where that is mixed. The hammered dulcimer is a common Tyrolean instrument too.
Nice video. J.O'.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks Dale. I got a kick out of seeing the hammered dulcimer. I have a sister who plays that superbly.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks guys I'm glad you enjoyed it. ::super_happy::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Dale, thanks for posting that. It seems your musical tastes and abilities are similar to mine. Unfortunately my musical ability is pretty much limited to listening. :lol: In addition to your list, add to mine Western Swing, Fifties Rock & Roll, Blues, Motown Soul, Bluegrass, Conjunto, Zydeco, Polka, and Americana. Texas has always been a musical crossroads, a mixing of musical cultures so I’ve had the pleasure of seeing a lot of artists from many musical genres. I don’t care for hip-hop or rap, which I don’t consider “music”, but for the most part I can find songs I like in every type of music. If I like it, I like it!

Some of the uncommon instruments I’ve heard and seen played include the washtub bass, spoons, jugs, lap steel guitar (no pedals), saws, and kazoos.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Click. Save. Add to personal playlist.
Thank you for sharing Dale, it tis some fantastico music right there.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “The Music Forum”